Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.13.1 released

This is a Hotfix release to fix a crash related to the AppScanner Plugin.

The full changelog can be found below:
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.13.1 24 Oct 2013
    + Fixed possible crash in appscanner plugin when receiving invalid data.
    * Ignore "Hide TeamSpeak in Taskbar" option when being started from Overwolf
      while in a fullscreen game, as this may minimize the game.
    * Added Ctrl+W shortcut to close server tab
    * Self menu shortcut key changed from s to e to avoid collision with Settings
    - Appscanner plugin no longer enabled by default.
    - Fixed UI display issue with delete delay in edit channel dialog when
      b_channel_modify_temp_delete_delay is not set.

thanks for release, but will we see delay option for permanent channels? or, atleast, new channel type? (permanent_with_delay)

Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    thanks for release, but will we see delay option for permanent channels? or, atleast, new channel type? (permanent_with_delay)
    The way I read the developer's replies to the thread discussing this before they only plan on delete_delay for temporary channels. If I read that right, I would say "No, you will not see a delete delay option for permanent channels." But, maybe they revisit the idea and make new plan one day.

Make sure your server is running 3.0.10 or newer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is a Hotfix release to fix a crash related to the AppScanner Plugin.
    Till the moment, only available in beta channel.

Release is now in the stable channel, installers will be available shortly.

This release is just a hotfix to fix the appscanner plugin crash, there are no cool new features. This hotfix was not planned, new stuff is still work in progress. It was necessary to release this fix quickly to get rid of a possible appscanner crash. Actually this is a very old bug but people recently discovered how to abuse it. ^^

Concerning expanding the delete option, this is still on our list. We have not yet decided on the details. We are currently busy with some other things right now (e.g. update to Qt 5, which changed more things than expected).

Just to note, while I would most likely have to change my plugin alot, too, I for once would benefit from the move, for example since WebSocket libraries for Qt are 5+. Just didn't want to make a big deal about it, given it's not such a trivial thing on larger projects.
    So, there's at least some interest

Hello Dear Developers !

could you release new version of Android ts3, because now you know after lock version 3.0.13.1 is not possible join to the server, you should know why i locked the version of ts3 3.0.13.1, my customers can't use Android now, thank you if you can resolve that problem.

You have a point there, we will prepare an update on Monday next week. If nothing unexpected comes up it should be released in the PlayStore next week.

Hello, How can I report a security breach on TeamSpeak (not in the public forum I think).

I have a small programer group on the college (We're from Brazil) and we have a project that we investigate many famous softwares to find security problems or potential exploits and report to developers, we don't expect anything in return, we only ask for the developers/companies to publish about our group (usually on the changelog).

We already found exploits and security breaches on Mozilla Firefox (for Windows), Java (JRE for Windows 32 bits), Internet Explorer 10 (for Windows 7 / Windows 8), Skype (for Windows Desktop), Google Chrome (for Android), uTorrent (for Mac OSX) and many others.

We started to look to TeamSpeak 3 client and server, and we found some indices that it have some potential breaches, we're still testing it to confirm, but if necessary, how should I contact the developer team?

Regards, Rafael.

When we get the Information for the new Control Plugin from Update 3.0.12?
    Included TeamSpeak control plugin. This is part of a project offering the
    possibility to control TeamSpeak from another application running on the same
    computer, similar to the clientquery plugin. Currently Windows only. More
    detailed information will be available in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFHIP View Post
    how should I contact the developer team?
    You can contact them via email: [email protected]

Pulled from: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=contact

I've waiting for the version with QT5 and hope it'll fix my thai language problem. if you want a tester don't hesitate to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Release is now in the stable channel, installers will be available shortly.

This release is just a hotfix to fix the appscanner plugin crash, there are no cool new features. This hotfix was not planned, new stuff is still work in progress. It was necessary to release this fix quickly to get rid of a possible appscanner crash. Actually this is a very old bug but people recently discovered how to abuse it. ^^

Concerning expanding the delete option, this is still on our list. We have not yet decided on the details. We are currently busy with some other things right now (e.g. update to Qt 5, which changed more things than expected).

Following up on the mentioning of Qt5, if or when you know, I'd appreciate heads-up info on the following:

Qt on Windows, still on msvc2008?
    Assuming OpenGL instead of ANGLE?
    Qt5.x.x?
    Any libraries left out?

They don't need to be set on stone or sth., I can adopt if it changes - I'd just like to have my build environment for CrossTalk prepared so I don't stress out when it's appearing on beta someday.
    Last edited by Philosound; November 7th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

We opted for Qt 5.1.1 for now (which is the stable version as of now).
    As far as compilers are concerned, Qt5 has support for MSVC2012, even though depending on how you build it you might run into problems and might have to change some stuff around. This is especially true if you want to build QWebKit, QJSBackend, or to a lesser extend if you want to build with icu support.

As usual we only compile (and ship out) what we need. We won't include anything in the Client that the client doesn't use.
    Currently that means: No Webkit, No JSBackend, no ICU, no SSL, no OpenVG or OpenGL.

We ourselves compile with MSVC2012 now.

Please note that all the information above is NOT FINAL and may change at any point in time before the release of the new version.
    Last edited by Chris; November 7th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information