Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Error customtime.cpp:115 / NPL out of date

Hello Dear,

I Use a Teamspeak server on linux server with non commercial licence since lot of years

type : Nonprofit
    start date : Tue Feb 12 00:00:00 2010
    end date : Sat Aug 17 00:00:00 2013
    max. virtual servers: 10
    max. slots : 512
    description : TeamSpeak 3 Non-Profit License

currently my teamspeak server doesn't want startup. I have the message bellow

2013-10-20 15:47:13.777504|ERROR |Accounting | | License ID: 0 expired
    2013-10-20 15:47:13.777727|ERROR |ServerLibPriv | | Server() error while starting servermanager, error: license date not ok
    2013-10-20 15:47:13.777848|CRITICAL|Time | | Assertion "m_instance != __null" failed at common/time/customtime.cpp:115;

My non profit licence is out of date, I have read something about non profit licence. the condition for obtention a non profit licence are harder. (domain name web sie ect). for my side I cannot make a web site I just use TS3 for my friend arrount 5-10 people).

I think that is not possible to renew my old licence, but it's possible to start my server without licence or not ?

I have read something about this problem, and I make it (new config in fstab). But without success

As long as you don't have a license key embededded we make sure you only run exactly one instance of the TS3 server free unregistered version. We use shared memory to facilitate the communication to detect other running instances, which requires tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm. If you (for whatever reason) do not have this mounted, the above error will occur.

To fix this problem, the following commands or file edits need to be done as root user (or using something like sudo). This is a temporary fix until your next reboot.

mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /dev/shm

Now, to make sure this mount is done automatically upon reboot edit the file /etc/fstab and add the line:

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

I have read this post about this topic to
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...u-11-10-64-bit

and in particlarity this line
    If anyone else come here and the /dev/shm trick doesn't work and you got a strict firewall, make sure you have allowed teamspeak to talk to 80.190.145.215 on tcp port 2008

I have open the port TCP 2008 in my iptables, but same result my Teamspeak server cannot start
    If I rename licensekey.dat to licensekey.dat.old and i restart the service I have the same problem but it's strange because my logfile it's not update

I hou have suggest, thanks in advance

sorry for my English , I don"t speak fluency , I prefere French
    Last edited by pascalvp; October 25th, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Hi Pascalvp,

2013-10-20 15:47:13.777504|ERROR |Accounting | | License ID: 0 expired

Your License is Expired so you have to get an New one. Or you Lower your Slots to Max 32 and Remove the Licensefile. So the Server will start up again i think.

New NPL you finde Here : http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php

Regards Sargnagel

Thread Information