Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ToDo List Channel- and Servergroups - Add/Remove -- Bug or problem?

Dear Dev Team,

I have a problem with my TeamSpeak 3 Server permissions but I don't know if it is a bug or only a normal problem. in (I) I will describe the problem. If it is no bug, please read (II) which is a suggestion for the new update.

I. Problem & Situation

I have the following groups on my server (a public Server with 2-3 clans):
    Server Groups
    • Guest (Default Group)
    • Normal/Member
    • Gaming Tags (10-20) which are only providing a icon and tag name.
    • Manager
    • Server Admin (SAdmin Group with 75)

Channel Groups:
    • Voice (Default), no permissions.
    • Channel Mods
    • Channel Admin

My idea or what I want:
    The manager should ONLY be allowed to add/revoke users to all TAG-Groups. A manager is NOT allowed to give anyone channel mod or admin.
    A channel admin should be able to add/revoke users to Channel Mod in channel the admin own. A channel admin is NOT allowed to set any Tag Goups.
    BUT: There are Managers who are channel admin too. They are allowed to give tags and channel mod. (Obvious but important)

I tried many options but nothing works. I found out that the add/remove power is for channel and server groups. I tried to use client permissions power but this doesn't work. (No effect...)

Is there any error? I know servers where it works.

II. Suggestion

This is not a bug? You have no solution for this? Please add a permission i_channel_user_member_add power (and revoke) so you can seperate channel and server groups!

Tried on Windows and Linux. Does not work!

We miss all details about the i_group_member_add_power an i_group_needed_member_add_power
    that are given in these groups.

and please make sure, that all your server groups do have the skip flag enabled for both permissions. The Channel group automatically overwrites the permission if it is not set in server groups or client permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The problem EnderShadow describes started in this thread, several possible solutions were made there (none works). I tried some by myself and from the result of the test I think 'i_client_(needed)permission_modify_power' does not affect adding/removing groups although it should, according to the TeamSpeak permission guide. (bug?)

As far i can see:

The permission i_client_permission_modify_power is not checked against i_client_needed_permission_modify_power, when a channel group was assigned, but it works for server groups.

Right?

Thats right and we also see that as a bug or missing check in the server.
    We have a ticket for that in our system, but it has no high priority.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Right?

Thats right and we also see that as a bug or missing check in the server.
    We have a ticket for that in our system, but it has no high priority.
    PLEASE! Please! Please! Dante696, remove/cancel this bug ticket please! This is the only way to seperate channel and servergroups
    Why should it be a bug? CLient permisions modify power should only be checked for servergroups. But why for channel groups? If a user shoudl not be affected, you can set channel skip flag to the server group.

So please DON'T CHANGE it!

Dante696, can you write a post if you removed this tecket? ://

You can not really seperate this with that permission, because you can ALWAYS assign a channel group but can not always assign a server group.

It's nothing critical so far, but it's definitly a bug or missing check.

But please don't fix that. If you fix it, you cannot seperate channel and server groups. An example:
    Servergroups: Guest/User/Gamer/Manager/SA
    Channel Groups: Mod/Admin

A manager should be allowed to assign user and gamer to guest/user. He is NOT allowed to set channel groups.
    A channel admin is allowed to give Mod in his channel, but he is not allowed to set gamer/user.

The only solution I found is these:

USER/GUEST/GAMER:
    Needed_add/r_power: 55
    Need Client P Modify Power: 15

MANAGER:
    Needed add Power: 75
    add power: 55
    Need Client P Modify Power: 15
    Client P Modify Power: 15

Channel MOD:
    needed add power: 60

Channel Admin:
    needed add power 75
    add power 60

So it works. If you fix the bug, a channel admin is not allowed to set Mod so the seperation is destroyed.

PLEASE delete the bug ticket. :///

If you have another idea, please write

You cant always have things like you want.
    Almost any security system (software) will let you choose if you can grant roles and permission or not but not to whom.
    Same in TS, you can define who can grant which servergroups and/or channelgroups but not to whom (at least not without some work).

Why cant you just tell your CA or CM i.e. to not grant tag groups? Set channel groups so Managers cant grant them.
    If you enabeld logging it will be in the servers log if they did or not.

N9. Vbulletin this forum software use another system. BUT: We dont need a fix. You are able to create all setup amd you can prevent all. If you fix it, this will not make the securoty better but it will deatroy many good setups.

Any statements?
    If you fix this bug, can you please add "i_channel_group_member_add_power (remove)"? So it is split? In the same release, it will be brilliant.

My statement is the same as before:
    This is a bug or a missing check. And we definitly want to have it fixed.

i_channel_group_member_add_power < This was rejected before.

I don't see any need to push this thread over again. There is no new information about that bug.

Okay, but I see need to push this up! Why? Here is my statement:

You can use TeamSpeak private or public. Private: You know all users so it is not important.
    But for Pulbic, the server has to work "automaticly"!
    On a public teamspeak, you are able to create your own channels! In this channels, you are able to give other users mod or admin privileges. But you will also provide servergroups for tags! YOu can't say: You are able to do this, but you should not do this. On a public ts you cant manage it! There are so many users, that you cant read all logs!

You only need to change the functions in TeamSpeak, so the server checks "i_channel_group_member_add/remove_power" against i_neede_group_member_add/remove_power!

No body will ask again for any solution or problems with the system. It is not so complicateed anylonger but more configurable. You can create more complex setups with teamspeak. It will seperate channel/servergroups... Why? Servergroups are for all users. Channel groups only for those, who use this specific channel. You have seperated this so strict, why do we not use 2 different permission? Most thing will be easier. And when you ask, who want this feature... I would say that 90% of all useres want this features. I think it is not a lot of work to add 4 permisions nodes for a group if all work better.

You are able to create "own areas" on the server but all useres can to communicate! What do you think?

Have seen several publics where it works without your complicated scheme.
    Either let the user choose themselves their icon groups or let only staff like SA do it.
    Alternatively let CA assign those groups and set your "Channel Mod" to be the default CA group.

@Mods: Feel free to close this thread.

Thread Information