Forum

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Location
    Earth: Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    36

    "Invisible" Server Group?

    Hi guys,

    I joined a TeamSpeak Server recently, and noticed that some members had two server icons on their nickname, but only one server group was listed, and they were in the Channel Group Guest, which doesn't have an icon assigned to it.
    I've seen the individual who hosts my TeamSpeak server do that on the server, using the YaTQA application.
    He created a server group, gave it an icon and assigned it to me.
    However, I could not see the group in the list of groups I'm in.

    Any thoughts/ideas on how he did that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    I don't think that this is possible, but you can assign "icons" to users directly. So they are in only 1 SG but they have 2 icons.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona, Spain)
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
    I joined a TeamSpeak Server recently, and noticed that some members had two server icons on their nickname, but only one server group was listed, and they were in the Channel Group Guest, which doesn't have an icon assigned to it.
    one blank, two blanks, three blanks, n blanks are ServerGroups names that could appear as "invisible" in the client-info-pannel list.
    In Permissions --> Server Groups they appear due they obviously have server-grop ID.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    317
    Maybe the additional symbol you mean looks like a flame? This would be the symbol for users who use overwolf.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Location
    Earth: Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    Maybe the additional symbol you mean looks like a flame? This would be the symbol for users who use overwolf.
    Yes, on this one TeamSpeak Server, the additional icon looks like a flame/fireball

  6. #6
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Location
    Earth: Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    36
    Sorry to open this thread again, but I have a screenshot of this behavior.
    And the user does not have a flame by their name.

    I've attached a screenshot below.
    I've also highlighted the server groups in different colors, and their icon in the same color.

    Notice that the icon highlighted in a black rectangle doesn't show up on the server group that this user is a member of.
    Please note this is a random server I selected from the server list
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #7
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    317
    In this case the third icon is probably assigned to the client in client permissions (like EnderShadow in #2 already said).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Location
    Earth: Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    In this case the third icon is probably assigned to the client in client permissions (like EnderShadow in #2 already said).
    Thank you!
    Yes, I know he said that in # 2, but he didn't exactly say how they could be assigned directly.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderShadow View Post
    I don't think that this is possible, but you can assign "icons" to users directly. So they are in only 1 SG but they have 2 icons.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona, Spain)
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
    Yes, I know he said that in # 2, but he didn't exactly say how they could be assigned directly.
    As usual: right-click on the user --> Permissions --> User permissions --> Search for "i_icon_id " and assign the icon.

    Verify you have the advanced permission system activated:
    Settings > Options > Application > Misc > ... checkbox "Advanced permissions system"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Letting a "normal" group change their server group.
    By Haammaar in forum Permission System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 31st, 2015, 04:21 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 8th, 2015, 11:39 AM
  3. [Resolved] Right "Info/avatar" side Is invisible. Help
    By yogiyogabear in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 26th, 2014, 03:10 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •