Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Admin Query Group Mod Power Issue

Hello,

I was helping someone setup their teamspeak server yesterday. They had issues with guest coming in and kicking. Like on my server, I setup myself and the owner into the Admin query group. After some issues, mainly trying to remove the servers from the public listing, I noticed that I could not change any powers in the Admin Query group. I then checked the modify group power, as that was where the error pointed. The Admin Query group has a modify power of 60, and a needed of 100. On my server, my group has 100 for both. This became a problem when people reported that they could not send me a poke/whisper/text message because they had insufficient permissions.

I have gone around this by simply giving all groups whisper/poke/private message powers of 100, but this is only something I want to do temporary should the owner wish to lower those values. I also still cannot remove his servers from the public list, as that option has no permission granted to it and of course I cannot modify it. How can I fix this so that the admin query group has a modify power of 100 and not 60?

You have to login in your database and edit it yourself. Which database do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by EnderShadow View Post
    You have to login in your database and edit it yourself. Which database do you use?
    Database editing is NOT supported!!!
    Also, adding regular clients to the Admin Server Query group is NOT supported!!! This is exactly why you should NEVER add anybody to this group - permissions have been messed up and you cannot change them back.

Quote Originally Posted by EnderShadow View Post
    I have never messed with the databases. Everything I have done is just through telnet (putty).

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    Also, adding regular clients to the Admin Server Query group is NOT supported!!! This is exactly why you should NEVER add anybody to this group - permissions have been messed up and you cannot change them back.
    I understand now. The only reason I added a client to the query on his server was because for some reason with the standard server download, clients were able to kick. To do this, I could not edit the permissions of the guests from a server admin stand point. So from what you tell me then I get the impression the permissions were already messed up. He had no idea how to use them though, so I really don't know how they would have been. Regardless, I still cannot get his servers off the public list by either the query commands or even by the box in the virtual server tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    Yes. I know. But now you have to edit the database. I take a backup all the time when i edit anything in the database manually!

I always use MySQL so I am able to set all options manually if needed.
    Last edited by EnderShadow; November 3rd, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

Editing DB's directly is always risky and somewhat dangerous (not only in TS).
    Best is to delete the db-file (if using sqlite) and to start the instance new from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Editing DB's directly is always risky and somewhat dangerous (not only in TS).
    Best is to delete the db-file (if using sqlite) and to start the instance new from scratch.

If you take a backup and know the system of the database it is not risky.

Thread Information