Forum

Need help with permission system

Dear Community.

I am having problems configuring my permission system. I hope someone here can be my saviour.

The idea:
    I would like to have group 1 till 7. Ideally the 7 games that my community plays. I would like those groups to have their own privacy. How do I want to do that?

I would like to have 10 channels for each group. Where only people with the right servergroup can join. It is nessecary that all the groups have the same amount of power, because I dont want group 1 to be able to enter channels from group 2 till 7.

Is there any1 here who could advice me?

Kind regards,
    Eric

No, problem!

You have to work with channel groups to separate groups on one server.

So create a channel group which is called "member" and add the permissions "i_channel_join_power" with value "50" to it.
    Set the permission "i_channel_needed_join_power" of all group channels to "50".
    Now noone can join those channels. To give group members access to their channels, simply move them into the parent channel of the team channel and assign him the "member" group we created. You have to repeat this with every group member to make sure, they have access to their channels.

Another possibility is to set passwords to every group channel.

You can also use the temporary teamspeak server passwords for this. The advantage here is that every group user has to enter the password to join his channel but the normal users are able to join the server without any password.

You have to decide what's easier for you and your mates.

Kind regards,
    Marc

Channelgroups are easier.
    Passwords would have to be set on subchannels too, not only the main channel (unlike TS2).

If you know the clients unique ID or his DB-ID you can add them easier. Go into "Permissions->Channel Groups", select the group in question and click on "Clients in Group" on the bottom. Now select the channel and click on "Add". Enter the IDs (one at a time) and the users should have this group in this channel.
    This will work even the user is not online.

The problem with channelgroups is that there is no parent channel. Each group has 10 full channels (no subchannels)

It would be nice if there was an option to give every1 the same join power, but restrict it to something like a colour or name.

Any other help?

Not out of the box... the easiest way would surely be use channel groups and make a parent channel for the other channels... this parent could even be a "spacer" which could be used to structure the server and it's channels. So make the 10 channels a child of a spacer and add the group to that spacer. So it will inherit to the 10 sub-channels.

@ Alcazar

Like i said in #2, channel groups would be the easiest way to handle this.

But of course you can work with passwords too.

You simply set a password to the parent channel and set the value of "i_channel_join_power" of this channel for example to "50" and the value of "i_channel_needed_ join_power" of the subchannels to "50".
    This way, a member of this section has to enter a main password protected channel to get access to the subchannels.
    Another problem there would be to switch channannels, but it would definately work.

Kind regards
    Marc

Thread Information