Forum

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I would be nice if an app could have its volume set higher than the master volume, I know I can't do this in the Mixer Window. With this when someone talks you could store the TS3 app volume and master volume, set master volume to reduced factor, store reduced value of TS3, set TS3 app back to original value (possible above current master volume). To restore volume just restore the reduced TS3 volume followed by the original master volume. This way other programs opening or closing don't get corrupted per app values. I don't know if there is a way of "overdriving" an app beyond the master volume without increasing the master volume setting, but would be worth investigating I think as you only need to store 3 volume settings and not 1 for each open program.

the plugin works quite well. thanx for that.
    I experience one issue though. The volume i set in the plugin settings dialog is bein reset each time i restart teamspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCa Cola View Post
    The volume i set in the plugin settings dialog is bein reset each time i restart teamspeak.
    I think that all users have this problem. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I would be nice if an app could have its volume set higher than the master volume, I know I can't do this in the Mixer Window.
    This is not supported by the Windows API. If you have the mastervolume on 0.5 and an application also on 0.5 the actual volume value of the application is 1.0
    So I am unfortunately not able to set the master volume to 0.05 and then set TS3 volume to 20 (-> which would be 1.0 in the end, because only values between 0 and 1 are allowed

Quote Originally Posted by DOCa Cola View Post
    the plugin works quite well. thanx for that.
    I experience one issue though. The volume i set in the plugin settings dialog is bein reset each time i restart teamspeak.
    Mmh can you check the existance of the file "...YourTS3Folder/config/volumecontrol_plugin.ini" ?
    If it does not exist you can try to create it yourself as an empty file or try runnign TeamSpeak with administrator rights, so my plugin will create the file.

If this solves the problem, I should try something else to save the settings, because it is obviously not the best solution

The appropriate Setting location can either be in the app folder or in %appdata%\TS3Client.
    You can get the actual path using the api, should be getConfigPath.

New version 1.3!

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxZ View Post
    Suggestion* Set your own master volume for the application to get set back to? or something like that
    Ok added this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    The appropriate Setting location can either be in the app folder or in %appdata%\TS3Client.
    You can get the actual path using the api, should be getConfigPath.
    Thanks, fixed it.

Also I did some changes to lower the number of WinAPI calls, because I did some unnecessary ones

(download link removed, see opening post)
    Last edited by Goreki; March 14th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks for remaking this plugin, much appreciated.

One thing: Would it be possible to add an option to only trigger sound suppression when others are talking, not when you yourself speak? I think noise does not hinder your own ability to speak, but should only be reduced to make it easier to understand others.

And obviously it'd be awesome if the "return-to-previous-volume" would work, but better to have it work this way than work as unreliable as the old plugin did.

updated to API 20

(download link removed, see opening post)

see the two posts below for instructions if you get an error extracting the files
    Last edited by Goreki; March 14th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Downloaded the file ok, but upon execution it throws the following ERROR:

Failed to extract Add-On:
    Failed to extract plugins/volume_control_goreki_win32.dll

uuuhm sorry...I do get this error aswell
    I didnt even check the package installer, because I did not change anything...this is very weird and I dont know how to fix this right now. I even get the error on the older version so something on Teamspeak's site has changed I think?

Workaround:
    Change the filetype to "zip" by renaming the file and change the ".ts3_plugin" to ".zip".
    Now you can extract the dll-files to ".../Teamspeak3 Client/plugins/"

Thank you a lot!
    It makes using TS3 way more convenient, especially in shooter games.

Thank you so very much for this add-on; it is so incredibly useful - I have used it with absolutely no issues for some time now.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Warren

Ok I fixed the "Failed to extract" thing after an helpful post by dante696

I will edit the download link in the opening post and also will go through my posts in this thread and remove the links to older versions so noone will download something wrong by accident

A huge thank you to you for updating and keeping this plugin working. You rock Goreki

This seems to work for any windows sound but not lotro have not checked other games yet.
    Windows 7 x64
    windows sound reduction setting is set to diabled

Thread Information