Forum

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    See /soundbackends subfolder, I'd do my bets on homegrown.
    Nonetheless, your point stands, as it's triggered by a flagged stream itself this would have to be a client option.

Hm ok... too bad well was worth a try

How can I do this..

I'd like to setup Team Speak so that when people I am talking to, their sound is priority over a YouTube Video for example.

On Skype, if you are on a call with someone, and there is no talking, the YouTube video will have priority on sound, and be louder. However if someone talks on skype, YouTube will go quieter, and Skype takes Priority.

How do I achieve this effect in TeamSpeak?

(Basically when raiding on WoW, I want my music loud, but to mute when people in the raid are speaking)
    Last edited by dante696; December 5th, 2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: merged

Is the source code for this available on github or sourceforge, etc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    I'd like to setup Team Speak so that when people I am talking to, their sound is priority over a YouTube Video for example.

On Skype, if you are on a call with someone, and there is no talking, the YouTube video will have priority on sound, and be louder. However if someone talks on skype, YouTube will go quieter, and Skype takes Priority.

How do I achieve this effect in TeamSpeak?

(Basically when raiding on WoW, I want my music loud, but to mute when people in the raid are speaking)
    That's exactly what this plugin does but it only does it for TS. It will not help you with skype though i think skype has that function built in or windows does.

Assuming windows 7 or 8
    For SKYPE right click your little speaker in the taskbar, select playback devices, go to communications, then select if you want to mute other sounds.

I just wanted to say super thanks for making this plugin. I've been without a working auto-volume-adjuster for a loooong time now since the "original" one stopped working properly.

This plugin works really nice. I'm using StereoTool to increase volume on TeamSpeak, and with the whitelist feature I can make it only adjust Winamp's volume.

Thanks again

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It keeps crashing my client every few minutes .... Just like all the others are reporting. Not doing anything, just sitting there. Not even a browser or game running. Plopp. TS crashes.
    Last edited by Irios; January 29th, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

i dont know who "all the others" are, but can you try out version 1.7 instead of the latest version 1.8? I always felt like I implemented the delay option in non-optimal way, so perhaps this causes problems (even if you have the delay set to 0)

> i dont know who "all the others" are

I quickly counted at least 5 posts in this thread with users reporting identical issues (crashes) when using this plugin. I was referring to those.

FYI the download "Volume_Control_Goreki_API20_1.8.zip" contains a plugin showing version number 1.7. I'm guessing you simply forgot to update the version number.

I'm currently testing the plugin in the download "Volume_Control_Goreki_API20_1.7.zip" to see if if has improved stability.

Just wanted to give an update on running v1.7

Been running it a couple of days now - without a single crash. You might be right about v1.8 been hastily done in regards of the delay implementation.

Cheers.

hello,
    first thanks for that plugin
    the official plugin was completely bugging out for me, decreasing the volumes several times over over (it took time to get there though, but not sure what caused that, didn't really want to research it)

Anyway, I don't really know how to blacklist "System Sounds" (windows 7 x64)
    any help ?

I'd really like to keep my system sounds as a permanently lowered but not too low volume
    Thanks.

I currently have Windows 8.1 installed, but i guess it will be the same for Win7.
    I guess you tried google just like me without actual results, so I got the name by debugging my project and trigger a system sound:
    "[System Process]" - without quotation marks, but WITH brackets. Add this to the blacklist in the options.

The name seems to be very generic, so I hope this will apply to exactly those sounds, you dont want to lowered, and not have some unwanted side-effects.

Thanks a lot, seems to work fine from quick testing

any chance we can get an update for Windows 10?

Loved using it with 7.

Problem:
    I was playing a game and then teamspeak crashed. After that in-game sounds became ALWAYS ducked.

PC restart, TS restart, game restart - sound is still ALWAYS ducked and is ducking even more when someone speaks.

How to fix this?

System sound volume was and is 100%. I raised the in-game volume to 100% and it is still too quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by orcishhorde View Post
    Problem:
    I was playing a game and then teamspeak crashed. After that in-game sounds became ALWAYS ducked.

PC restart, TS restart, game restart - sound is still ALWAYS ducked and is ducking even more when someone speaks.

How to fix this?

System sound volume was and is 100%. I raised the in-game volume to 100% and it is still too quiet.
    I found the solution:
    Steps to fix:
    1. Run all applications that were affected
    2. Open windows volume mixer by right-clicking speaker icon in the system tray and selecting "Open Volume Mixer"
    3. You should see the separate volume sliders for your running applications
    4. Up the volume of the affected applications to the desired level

Thread Information