Forum

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Glad that you found it yourself, but honestly that shouldn't happen at all.

As soon as you or someone else starts and stops speaking after you restarted everything, all volume sliders should have reset back up to 100%.

Are you sure you are actually using my plugin and not the very old orginal version from the TS developers? Because your described "still ducked and ducked even more when someone speaks" is exactly the reason, why I initially remade this plugin with a slighty different functionality (see first post of thread -> differences).

And to the very old question about Windows 10 earlier: Strange that I didnt get an email notification, but it works with Win10 anyway, so no update needed.

Hi since Windows 10 I have found this plugin is causing my TS to crash. Please see this thread with my issues.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ample?p=425826

I hope there is a fix so useful this plugin!

Mhh it doesn't seem, that my plugin is loaded.

This is what it looks like, if you open the crash dump with visual studio:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S4gpuP1.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	13517

I think, there is no plugin loaded at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
    Mhh it doesn't seem, that my plugin is loaded.

This is what it looks like, if you open the crash dump with visual studio:

Name:	S4gpuP1.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	13517

I think, there is no plugin loaded at all.

Weird... ill get you a new dump as soon as it crashes again. Thanks for the reply!

Here is my dump from just now with the plugin running
    Attached Files Attached Files

It doesn't crash in my plugin though.

I made another picture for you to see what it looks like. Bear in mind, that this is only my hobby and I only know so much about using Visual Studio, but I don't think I can get more out of this dump

Name:	tk8nbKj.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	13529

This is the call stack, which means that the method in the top is the one actually crashing, but you can trace down which method called the one beforehand. The first ~20 ones are from some dll files of windows. It is possible to freely get debug information about those from the microsoft servers -> I did this in this case, so you can see what is happening. It doesn't really matter, but it's nice to see the difference to where I cannot do this.

The last "windows-based" dll is ole32.dll (it's a framework for doing stuff with user interfaces) and the method has something to do with drag and drop. Nothing surprising here, because as you described, you force the crash by using drag and drop.

The next one is in qwindows.dll, which is part of the QT-Framework, which makes it easier for developers to make platform independent user interfaces. Teamspeak uses this.

So the bug is either in QT itself or in teamspeak, which calls the QT methods with inappropriate parameters. I can't get more information out of this. since I dont have debug information for either of those.

Now I don't know if some code someplace makes any wrong assumptions based on that, but it appears to me the 64bit TS3 client is installed in the 32-bit Program Files location (x86).

It doesn't crash in my plugin though.

I made another picture for you to see what it looks like. Bear in mind, that this is only my hobby and I only know so much about using Visual Studio, but I don't think I can get more out of this dump

Name:	tk8nbKj.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	13529

This is the call stack, which means that the method in the top is the one actually crashing, but you can trace down which method called the one beforehand. The first ~20 ones are from some dll files of windows. It is possible to freely get debug information about those from the microsoft servers -> I did this in this case, so you can see what is happening. It doesn't really matter, but it's nice to see the difference to where I cannot do this.

The last "windows-based" dll is ole32.dll (it's a framework for doing stuff with user interfaces) and the method has something to do with drag and drop. Nothing surprising here, because as you described, you force the crash by using drag and drop.

The next one is in qwindows.dll, which is part of the QT-Framework, which makes it easier for developers to make platform independent user interfaces. Teamspeak uses this.

So the bug is either in QT itself or in teamspeak, which calls the QT methods with inappropriate parameters. I can't get more information out of this. since I dont have debug information for either of those.
    Yeah of course I know you do this in your spare time
    Is there anything else I can give you to help find the cause? Its not worked since I upgraded to Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Now I don't know if some code someplace makes any wrong assumptions based on that, but it appears to me the 64bit TS3 client is installed in the 32-bit Program Files location (x86).

Part of my trouble shooting process with TeamSpeak support was to change the location of the installation. Didnt work no matter where it was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperArmySoldiers View Post
    Yeah of course I know you do this in your spare time
    Is there anything else I can give you to help find the cause? Its not worked since I upgraded to Windows 10
    It's not about being my hobby as in "I use my spare time", but more like "I learned it by myself, so I could miss some information, because I just don't know how to fully use VisualStudio right".

And in my lengthy description about my findings, I somehow skipped the conclusion: It's not in my powers to fix anything, since I can only debug my own code. I can only look at the stuff going wrong, if the crash is caused by my plugin.

It's not about being my hobby as in "I use my spare time", but more like "I learned it by myself, so I could miss some information, because I just don't know how to fully use VisualStudio right".

And in my lengthy description about my findings, I somehow skipped the conclusion: It's not in my powers to fix anything, since I can only debug my own code. I can only look at the stuff going wrong, if the crash is caused by my plugin.
    Ok. Then just to let you know the plugin isnt compatible with windows 10

This is just not true, because I use Windows10 myself.

My plugin is not the problem for your crashes. In your original thread you even posted a crash dump without my plugin in use...???

This is just not true, because I use Windows10 myself.

My plugin is not the problem for your crashes. In your original thread you even posted a crash dump without my plugin in use...???
    I posted another one with it. I even stated in my other thread that when it was turned off it, TS was fine. I have posted here with the crash logs with it running.
    My TS only crashes with your plugin running. Not used it for the last 2 days and not crashed at all. Been testing for several weeks.

Up to you if you want to look into it more. Ill say it again: Use to work fine for me on Windows 7. As soon as I upgraded it stopped working.
    Thats the facts whether you like them or not. Not trying to be a dick here... im posting because I was hoping for a fix.

Ill just find another system.

This is how the plugin is working on win 10 on my side: http://imgur.com/X1cfO2n

Was using 64 bit client. Gonna try 32 bit today.

Hey, I have been using this for some time now and for the most part it works perfectly but I have 1 issue with it. When playing overwatch, which I have added to the exclude list it works most of the time but at seemingly random it totally mutes overwatch when someone speaks and doesnt turn it up again. So for the most times when someone speaks overwatch is not touched and the volume normal but sometimes it turns it down and then doesnt turn it up again.

Seems to crash on Windows 10 on the 64bit edition of TS3

Thread Information