Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zooid View Post
    Hello I'm running a free version of the server, and recently I updated it to version 3.0.10.2. I wasn't on for a while but now I see that a large portion of the permissions tree is gone? Can you help me with that please. Advanced permissions' option is checked in the settings.
    You have a filter actived then only the permissions that suit the filter are shown.

Delete the word "talk" or just click on the "red circle button", left to "Filter".

Oh God, so simple, thank you PotaBlava. I followed the advanced tutorials and I guess I didn't remove the filter after that.

Are there any bugs with the latest version related to permissions? I had to help someone out who contacted me on my youtube channel who was unable to assign and revoke server groups. I remoted on to his system to go through things with him and check his permissions out. Everything looked perfectly fine, his admin server group had enough add/remove power for groups as well as client permission modify and needed. He also had set the member add/remove on himself as a client permission. He even had the skip permission enabled to bypass channel permissions, yet when he had channel admin channel group enabled for his current channel he could not assign or revoke any server groups. The only way I could fix this for him was to add the skip flag on his client permissions, I threw in the client permission modify power with a skip flag also.

Nothing I could see should have prevented him from assigning or revoking server groups. Considering he had b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled on his admin server group and client assigned permissions for add/remove etc, the channel admin channel group should not have been able to overwrite anything.

There is a known problem, while playing with needed member add power.
    The context menu stays grey for valid groups.

Best way to solve it, is to reconnect or to clean the teamspeak cache.
    We already do have a ticket for this.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have noticed that for many many versions. The way I always got around it instead of disconnecting is create a dummy group and then delete it. That always freshens everything up without having to completely reconnect. I am glad that is a known issue.

I have a suggestion to be included in the next update.

A auto update feature, basically what i mean by that is, the teamspeak server updates itself without needing updating the files yourself or waiting for game server providers to do it, of course it needs to update without getting rid of existing teamspeak data (Channels permissions etc.)

just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroxZ View Post

A auto update feature, basically what i mean by that is, the teamspeak server updates itself without needing updating the files yourself or waiting for game server providers to do it, of course it needs to update without getting rid of existing teamspeak data (Channels permissions etc.)

just a suggestion.
    I strongly oppose this feature. It is a server! No sane server admin would let a server daemon or program do any auto-updating!

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    I strongly oppose this feature. It is a server! No sane server admin would let a server daemon or program do any auto-updating!
    I agree. Allowing services to auto-update is a bad idea. Instead, TeamSpeak should provide some kind of "Update Newsletter" where admins can subscribe to get informed about new releases. There already are RSS feeds for the news section and the announcement forum, but those things also contain other information that most admins won't need in their inboxes.

Update especially for linux is not that hard..

Just use rsync

The point is that if the update fails or the server doesn't start up again you have a broken server and you won't know about it until users start complaining. For those for whom 24/7 coverage is important this is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroxZ View Post

just a suggestion.
    I wouldn't use this feature, but if they want implement it I see no problem, since the default option would be Auto-update = Disabled.

Rafhip has a good point, and always make sure you implement a new update on a acceptation or test environment before going to production.

Also I just want to add something besides issue's; you guys are doing one hell of a job! Tnx for all the support and making all this possible. Needs to be said once in a while.

Thread Information