Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

something similar to a invisible channel

Hello guys

I got a mission from my mates to set up the TS3 server, that guest's and the "normal" members wont see the "admins" in their channel and subfolders.

You may think what for: They are planning to open the TS3 to fan's and such, but they dont want to be seen by them on certain times. My first thought was a invisible channel, but after googling I found out that it wont work.

Any tipps, so I can achieve something similar?

Cheers

You set "i_channel_needed_subscribe_power" of the channel desired to 75, so only a user with "i_channel_subscribe_power" >=75 can see "inside"... this should on a normal server only be the admins. To all other users this channel will always appear as empty.

Barungar already described is perfectly.

To use another awesome teamspeak feature you can create a temporary server password to spawn in the admin room instead of the standard channel when your team enters the password. Users don't even see, that you connected to the server.

Kind regards
    Marc

Ok I'll have to solve it with the i_channel_needed_subscribe_power settings.

Can you explain me again how I have to do it, so we can directly get into the Admin section?

I create a temporary channel, but doesnt that channel get removed if it's empty?
    What do you mean with a temprary server password, dont the normal user's need to type that in too?

Cheers!

No one said you should create a temporary channel. Riven suggested to use temporary server password to directly join your "invisible" channel without the need to first connect to the default channe... This could also be archived without a temporary password. You can set a channel with the favorite entry of your server in the client.

The setting of "i_channel_needed_subscribe_power" can be changed from the menu "channel permission" or you just right click on the channel you want to use. Select "Edit Channel", in the windows whichs opens move to tab "permission" and look for the field "Subcribtion" just enter your desired needed subscription power there.

Sorry if I confused you in #3. Forget it for now.

Thread Information