Forum

Programatically accessing a server with an identity

I would like to know the amount of clients a certain server has. I don't have ServerQUery access (If I had, this would be a no-brainer). However, when I connect to this server using the normal Teamspeak 3 client (and "logging in" with my identity) I am able to. So my question is: Is there any way to simulate a Teamspeak 3 client while being able to retrieve data from it?

They default port of teamspeak only supports the official teamspeak 3 client. Trying to create a query connection by this port is not supported!

You do not need Serverquery access to use Serverquery... Depending on permissions, this should work without.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    You do not need Serverquery access to use Serverquery... Depending on permissions, this should work without.
    I think you need it. That's one of the reasons why the server query interface was removed from the teamspeak client. I think they changed the protocol removing the query-like functions resulting in the removal of that feature from the client.

I checked this and under the current default permission settings, this is indeed not possible. There are however servers with older default permission sets that support this, e.g. any server from Bargainvoice. If your server has been set up some years ago, there is a fair chance that it will work.

It seems that anyone who can create a serverquery login (who has the b_client_create_modify_serverquery_login permission) can actually log in with his serverquery login data. The permission b_serverquery_login doesn't seem to control the ability to login as serverquery in this case.

As default on a new server, only the "Server Admin" group has the b_client_create_modify_serverquery_login permission. I just took a freshly installed server, logged in with my freshly registered server admin, and created a server query account for him. Then I was able to log in with YaTQA (who uses serverquery). Such an account is able to get the information the OP wants.

But a normal user (in the default guest or normal group) isn't allowed to create a serverquery login.

About the b_serverquery_login permission. Everybody using Server Query who is not logged in is member of the Guest Server Query (sgid=1) group. In this group b_serverquery_login is set to 1. Therefore everybody can log in. Removing this permission would deny every single login, no matter whether you try to login as serveradmin or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by spdaniel91 View Post
    I would like to know the amount of clients a certain server has. I don't have ServerQUery access (If I had, this would be a no-brainer). However, when I connect to this server using the normal Teamspeak 3 client (and "logging in" with my identity) I am able to. So my question is: Is there any way to simulate a Teamspeak 3 client while being able to retrieve data from it?
    A little late, but just today I wrote a tiny script in Python to be able to do exactly what youre asking. If you indeed do have serverquery access(even if limited) and are interested, PM me.

Thread Information