Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Can't check client_skip_channelgroup again :(

Hi, I was trying to make mandatory the push to talk option and I unchecked client_skip_channelgroup in the admin server group. And now I can check it again because the TS tells me I have enough permissions. But there isn't anybody with more permissions than me. Is there a way to reset the ServerAdminGroup permissions or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by STIRA View Post
    Hi, I was trying to make mandatory the push to talk option and I unchecked client_skip_channelgroup in the admin server group. And now I can't check it again because the TS tells me I don't have enough permissions. But there isn't anybody with more permissions than me. Is there a way to reset the ServerAdminGroup permissions or something like that?
    I assume you missed two words in the sentence before the last according to your question in the last sentence.
    You can't change the permission because your channel group now overrides your Server Admin Group.

To reset permissions you need to access Server Query with your 'serveradmin' login (was created on first serverstart) and use the command 'permreset', this command resets all Group setting back to default. If you don't know what Server Query is: Manual is here
    That's what your code should look like for resetting Groups:
    Code:
    login serveradmin YOUR_PASSWORD
    use sid=1
    permreset
    logout
    quit

Alternatively use ServerQuery to set the permission again on the SA group.
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=id_of_sa_group permid=178 permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0

Thread Information