Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am also searching for an easy to use overlay plugin for TeamSpeak. Overwolf is much too bold IMHO - too may features and not intuitive to use.

TeamSpeak overlay was the most brilliant feature of TeamSpeak - if there is no alternative soon I may consider switching everything to the well known OpenSource alternative of TeamSpeak...

I attempted to get Project Kryptonite to work together with WoW with no luck. So, I gave up and reinstalled TS 3.0.13.1 instead, and can continue to use the old ts overlay app (for a while longer, at least).

i will not installing nasty progs like overwolf only to have an overlay,
    so i am waiting for developer to bring back the old good tsoverlay!
    not only me, millions of people waiting for this!

Quote Originally Posted by borkin View Post
    i will not installing nasty progs like overwolf only to have an overlay,
    so i am waiting for developer to bring back the old good tsoverlay!
    not only me, millions of people waiting for this!
    I agree, there should be no need to install more junk taking up more ram

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLimpan View Post
    I attempted to get Project Kryptonite to work together with WoW with no luck. So, I gave up and reinstalled TS 3.0.13.1 instead, and can continue to use the old ts overlay app (for a while longer, at least).
    where did you get ts 3.0.13.1 from? i dont have that version saved. and i dont see that version in the down load section. wish ts did keep some of the older version

I stopped back in to see if anything has changed, when I noticed it said resolved in the index............

Since I see nothing but more people looking for the same thing as me, an overlay without a program much larger than it's predecessor, like a plugin I might actually trust not to be spyware.

So I have to assume the TS developer has made their choice, well I guess I will be using a different program once my TS server contract is up in 4 months. Good luck force feeding crap down your customers throats.

I don't really see any reason to perceive alternatives mentioned in this very thread, like TSNotifier, as bloated.
    Since the old plugin always has been a third party product, just bundled with the client, and the developer of it, not Teamspeak, chose to not update it, I don't really see the point to be on the fences about this.
    They hardly can force a third party to update their product if they don't have a contract.

Unclear why Teamspeak does not simply implement the TS Overlay or similar native as part of the software? It seems like its an integral part of the TS experience. Why should an additional background program be required to run alongside TS when, as was before, the TSOverlay simply ran inside TS with no need for secondary programs.

All in all, given the integral aspect of the TSOverlay and its use in general TS activity, seems prudent to simply keep/update the TSOverlay plugin to work inside TS, or develop an internal component which matches TSOverlay capability.

As noted from others, KISS is key here with something simple, though useful for meeting overlay needs.

Good news for everyone searching for a simple overlay. The devoloper of TS3 Overlay has released a new version for the overlay that works with the latest version of TS3! http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/ Version v3.8.23.ts3_plugin

I have tested this new version of the Overlay plugin. It works very well. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,

Aidan :O)

What a relief! Yes it works the same as the old one ie; when I alt-tab to look at the desktop, the game crashes on re-enter. BTW Overwolf overlay never worked for me, when I use the hot key to activate, all it did was freeze my mouse.
    Thanks Shrubbery!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Pin View Post
    What a relief! Yes it works the same as the old one ie; when I alt-tab to look at the desktop, the game crashes on re-enter. BTW Overwolf overlay never worked for me, when I use the hot key to activate, all it did was freeze my mouse.
    Thanks Shrubbery!
    I am having the same issue, but it's better then installing another application so I'll live with it.

For anyone with an issue or don't like Overwolf for specific reasons, please feel free to turn to me via PM. I'll gladly help those with technical issues and listen to any feedback (positive or negative) to help better improve our program so it works and fulfills your needs as best as we can.

We care about what you have to say and I'd love to hear it beyond the "I don't like Overwolf".

I too am here for exactly what the OP is asking for!!!! A SIMPLE OVERLAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OWRaif View Post
    For anyone with an issue or don't like Overwolf for specific reasons, please feel free to turn to me via PM. I'll gladly help those with technical issues and listen to any feedback (positive or negative) to help better improve our program so it works and fulfills your needs as best as we can.

We care about what you have to say and I'd love to hear it beyond the "I don't like Overwolf".
    OMG Raif, how can you ask that last question?? You are inferring that people haven't told you EXACTLY what they don't like about overwolf and THEY HAVE!! I have read this entire thread, and I think YOU should go back to the beginning and READ EVERY WORD AGAIN!!! Cause clearly you haven't recently or you wouldn't have asked that.

MANY in this thread have said EXACTLY why they don't like overwolf, and it is EXACTLY the reason I don't have it installed! If I wanted an overlay and 75 other useless apps/features that I don't need and will NEVER use then, sure, overwolf is for me. But just as it has been stated MANY MANY MANY times in this thread, it's a kitchen sink with a side order of a 3 story house to go along with it. Why do I want to install a bunch of shit that I will never use????? This is why many don't use it. Many want a simple overlay and NOTHING else, no bloatware, no CONNECTING YOUR FACEBOOK ACCCOUNT BULLSHIT! Just a simple overlay.

Sadly, you are here for ONE thing, to promote overwolf and nothing else. Just as it was stated early, you are just "but but but overwolf this" And the simple fact is, this thread is about a SIMPLE OVERLAY ONLY, which overwolf IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE! So but but but all you want, but it is falling on deaf ears as overwolf will never be what the people that post in this thread WANT!

If you haven't figured out why this thread exists and why the posters in this thread don't like overwolf, then there is no getting that point across to you. It has been stated literally MULTIPLE times throughout this thread.

Took me about 5 seconds to Google this... Here's a release of the "old" TeamSpeak 3 overlay plugin that's compatible with the latest client release:

http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/....23.ts3_plugin

So I guess we can end this discussion now?

Thread Information