Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaddestass View Post

I too am here for exactly what the OP is asking for!!!! A SIMPLE OVERLAY!!!

OMG Raif, how can you ask that last question?? You are inferring that people haven't told you EXACTLY what they don't like about overwolf and THEY HAVE!! I have read this entire thread, and I think YOU should go back to the beginning and READ EVERY WORD AGAIN!!! Cause clearly you haven't recently or you wouldn't have asked that.

MANY in this thread have said EXACTLY why they don't like overwolf, and it is EXACTLY the reason I don't have it installed! If I wanted an overlay and 75 other useless apps/features that I don't need and will NEVER use then, sure, overwolf is for me. But just as it has been stated MANY MANY MANY times in this thread, it's a kitchen sink with a side order of a 3 story house to go along with it. Why do I want to install a bunch of shit that I will never use????? This is why many don't use it. Many want a simple overlay and NOTHING else, no bloatware, no CONNECTING YOUR FACEBOOK ACCCOUNT BULLSHIT! Just a simple overlay.

Sadly, you are here for ONE thing, to promote overwolf and nothing else. Just as it was stated early, you are just "but but but overwolf this" And the simple fact is, this thread is about a SIMPLE OVERLAY ONLY, which overwolf IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE! So but but but all you want, but it is falling on deaf ears as overwolf will never be what the people that post in this thread WANT!

If you haven't figured out why this thread exists and why the posters in this thread don't like overwolf, then there is no getting that point across to you. It has been stated literally MULTIPLE times throughout this thread.
    I agree, Nothing more needs to be said.

Need Teamspeak Overlay

Can someone post some instructions on how to get an overlay to work with games?
    I refuse to download and use overwolf to only use it for an overlay, so alternatives only please.

I have tried last year, and about 6 months ago, each time getting pissed off after 4 days of trying to get one to work, so lets try again!

I'm posting straight to forums and not even going to attempt to look for an overview because I have tried greatly in the past with no success.

Win7 64x
    Very good computer skills, I can handle complicated instructions

You need to provide more info. What game(s) are you trying to use it with?

Octopuss Guest

Could someone create an overlay?...

Let's face it, Overwolf sucks. And so does any other similar software when you JUST need an overlay. ts3overlay is abandoned and doesn't work too well.
    Couldn't someone create something?
    Last edited by dante696; January 27th, 2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: merged

Not another thread with "Overwolf sucks" -> Thread merged

Let's face it "you gave no reason why it *sucks*"
    Please stay fair and give your reasons first and comment in this thread. Let the developers may improve your experience with Overwolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by OWRaif View Post
    For anyone with an issue or don't like Overwolf for specific reasons, please feel free to turn to me via PM. I'll gladly help those with technical issues and listen to any feedback (positive or negative) to help better improve our program so it works and fulfills your needs as best as we can.

We care about what you have to say and I'd love to hear it beyond the "I don't like Overwolf".
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Octopuss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Not another thread with "Overwolf sucks" -> Thread merged

Let's face it "you gave no reason why it *sucks*"
    Please stay fair and give your reasons first and comment in this thread. Let the developers may improve your experience with Overwolf.
    Shall I assume you didn't even bother reading my post past the first sentence?
    Let's face it, Overwolf sucks. And so does any other similar software when you JUST need an overlay.
    I highlighted the important part for you.
    I gave good enough reason, and so did many people before me.

I know you guys are probably being sponsored by the owner of Overwolf or whatever the deal is, but stop freaking out everytime someone dares to say something negative about the precious Overwolf program. The bottom line is WE DON'T EVEN CARE. We're not interested in it, no matter what it does.

Maybe I could rewrite my post like this:
    We JUST WANT AN OVERLAY! That means only overlay and NOTHING ELSE! That's why we say Overwolf sucks - because it has tons of features we DON'T NEED and DON'T WANT. We will NOT install it. That cannot be so difficult to understand, can it?
    And that's why its creator cannot do anything about it. There's nothing to fix or improve about Overwolf for us!
    If the guy decides to release just an overlay (with absolutely no other "features"), similar to ts3overlay, we will all shut up, these threads will cease to exist, and we will all praise him like a god.

Alternatively, someone else could release something, if there's someone skilled enough to do so.

Such a thread like you made already did exist with exact same content.
    And no we care about it, but we have no build in soloution to offer. And so it seems nobody else has a soloution.

About sponsoring or getting paied etc.
    We have a partnership with Overwolf, that's all.

I just want an Overlay"
    If you don't wan't to use all the features from Overwolf?
    Then just do not use them and only use the Overlay feature.

Telling us it has feature you don't need Sorry but i still miss that point.
    You don't have to use the rest of the features. Nobody does force it.

This still does not explain why Overwolf su***
    Telling us it has feature you don't need Sorry but i still miss that point.
    Does it take perfomacne or what is the problem with it?
    Last edited by dante696; March 24th, 2015 at 11:46 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I've built a _very_ simple/minimalistic overlay for myself a few months ago when learning some new techniques of the Windows 8.1+ APIs. All it does, is showing the name of the people that are talking in the upper left corner. It doesn't (need to) inject itself into anything and is as said only compatible with Windows 8.1+ (and windowed fullscreen games), but for me it works fine and without any noticable fps drops. However, I've not tested it with a lot of games, so it might just suck for everyone else

If anyone is interested in testing this, just drop me a line. (Again: Windows 8.1+ required)
    Last edited by Meelkee; January 30th, 2015 at 03:21 AM.

Same issue and desire here, it's now March 2015.

Overwolf is a mess to setup, as already told and has a load of features irrelevant to the thread. But even slightly worse is that you cannot configure the font, size or color of it's TS3 overlay. Whether mute players should be shown and how the speaking ones should be highlighted. So, when you play a game, that has a bright blue sky for example.. you won't be able to decipher anything from the overlay, when it's placed above the horizon. At least it's free and just a waste of time.

But guys, there is even worse..

Even worse is the costly PlayClaw 3. It advertises to have a TeamSpeak 3 plug-in. The author charges you $50. In the result you will have a lightly configurable plug-in that is bugging out, as soon as someone joins or leaves the channel, changes nickname or something else changes. A fragile mess of code, overloaded with features I never wanted or needed, just as Overwolf. In the support forums you're lured to become a beta tester being told the bugs were fixed in this or that version.. OK, so I began installing the betas, one after another, being told TS3 bugs were fixed. To the contrary!

TS3 plug-in isn't even available in the PlayClaw 3 beta 5.3307 anymore. I actually had to go through a forest of different beta versions, being told in the forums, which works, finding in the end, they cannot be activated anymore. The only version that lets itself being activated is one that doesn't even have the TS3 plug-in anymore. Don't buy it.. you will regret it. Waste of precious time and waste of some money I could have a few fine burgers for.

Bad.. going back to play games on windows after 12 years of absence and not having a TS plug-in.. It's almost hilarious.

---MERGED---

Thanks to this thread I found this, it's configurable and works for a while, so far. But only as long as I start my game directly..

http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/

Once I start that _same_ game using a non-default launcher for it, it will somehow not recognize the game to be running. In task manager, I can fairly well see the same game.exe being running, no matter if I start the game directly or some launcher, including the non-default one.

I can't see any further options to edit gamesettings.ini for that game.exe except to game.enabled=1 , in order to make it fully recognize the game.exe running in one case (launched directly) and another case (using a launcher program to start the previously mentioned game.exe). Configuring the launcher.exe to game.enabled=1 doesn't help.

Using internet search for people who have the same problem yields no results.

Phew.. and project kryptonite.. don't even look at it.. as told before.

Any alternatives left? The one I have is running everything as "administrator".. srsly..?! I think I will need to isolate this gaming rig from the rest of the home LAN..
    Last edited by dante696; March 24th, 2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsauge View Post
    Once I start that _same_ game using a non-default launcher for it, it will somehow not recognize the game to be running. In task manager, I can fairly well see the same game.exe being running, no matter if I start the game directly or some launcher, including the non-default one.
    I would guess that non-default launcher requests admin-rights at launch. In that case you also need to run tsnotifier as admin. Another possibility could be that your launcher itself offers an overlay or interferes with the 3d rendering of the game in some way (e.g. SweetFX) and blocks tsnotifier through that.

Based on the time that has passed since this thread started combined with the feigned ignorance of employees attempting to "get user feedback and then pass it on so we can act on it", it has become apparent to me that the executives at Teamspeak have made a decision to hold the game overlay hostage in order to exploit it's users. As Teamspeak is the only competing commodity in its market, its not all that surprising this sort of tactic would be attempted. I assume this will be deleted as soon as Teamspeak "support" sees it, but if not, please tell me (or better yet prove) that I am wrong. I can understand defending a business partnership, but, in my opinion, Overwolf has contributed nothing to TS and Teamspeak was better before Overwolf ever got involved. In defending their software (which most users don't like), you are hurting the integrity of your own product.

It's the tool we decided to offer for users. We do not force to use Overwolf.
    We understand that user do not need all of the features from overwolf. And as said once before, you do not have to use all features delievered with overwolf.

Instead of complaining all day long -> start creating your own overlay, when overwolf does not fit your needs.

Thread closed -> This is an endless discussion

Thread Information