Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Changing Permission Of a Channel problem!!!!

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but I rent a server from blue fang and they tried helping me with the issue and could not since they said they have given me all the permissions that i need to be able to change the permission settings of a channel on my TS address.

What I would like to do, is changing the join power needed to enter the channel, but every time I try it said insufficient permission. I have checked my admin settings on the advanced admin tool option, and it said that I have my settings at the following:

* Channel join Power @ 75
    * Channel Permission Modify Power @ 100
    * Needed Channel Permission Modify Power @ 75

If anybody could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated since I have no Idea what else to do anymore!!!!

Thanks again ;-)

Well, for every '*_power' there is a '*_needed_*_power' e.g. i_channel_permission_modify_power <=> i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power (click 'show names' on the bottom of the permission window if you see other names than those), so every power is compared to the corresponding needed power, if the 'power' is higher or equal to the 'needed power' you can do something.

So, make sure there is no needed power higher than your power in the channel you are trying to edit (esiest way to compare it is right-click on yourself > permissions > permissions overview, you can even save this window to a text-file and post it here if you don't find anything), and if you still get an error it should say on which permission it failed.

Ok, so I did look at my permission Overview but it I can not find were I went wrong with giving me the right permissions. I have uploaded the text file that you said I should and thank you for the fast repley ;-)

the channel that im trying to change the permissions has the following stats:

* i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power @75
    * i_channel_permission_modify_power @ 0 (Grayed out)

Also I can change the i_channel_join_power but I can not change the i_channel_needed_join_power.....when ever I try to change that in the admin tools it gives me a voice command saying Error!!!

Thanks again for the help ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Kendor View Post
    Ok, so I did look at my permission Overview but it I can not find were I went wrong with giving me the right permissions. I have uploaded the text file that you said I should and thank you for the fast repley ;-)

the channel that im trying to change the permissions has the following stats:

* i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power @75
    * i_channel_permission_modify_power @ 0 (Grayed out)

Also I can change the i_channel_join_power but I can not change the i_channel_needed_join_power.....when ever I try to change that in the admin tools it gives me a voice command saying Error!!!

Thanks again for the help ;-)
    As far as I can see your permissions seem to be ok, no idea why you get an error.
    What admin tool do you use? Did you try to edit the join power with the normal client?
    There really should be a message somewhere when you get an error not only the voice.

You seem to miss following permissions
    Code:
    i_channel_needed_join_power
    i_channel_needed_subscribe_power
    i_channel_needed_description_view_power
    They're normally set on channel layer, but you need the GRANT value for these permissions to set them.
    Normally server groups like SA have them.

A permission can only be set if it has a GRANT value and your "*_permission_modify_power" is >= that value.

@Istanlantar: You were faster, but me has a possible solution

/* edit
    Should look like this (s. attachment)
    */
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alcazar; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

OK, I see what you are saying....I will try that, it will probable take me a day or 2 to get a hold of blue fang, since I can not give myself these permissions....thanks for all the help ;-) I will post here if it worked or not!!!

Thanks again, Istalantar and Alcazar ;-)

Ok, i see what you are saying there. I will try that but it will take me a day or 2 to get a hold of blue fang... Since I have tryed to give myself these permission but I am not able to...I will post if it worked or not in this threat!!!

Thanks again Alcazar and Istalantar ;-)

Ok, so I got them to give me the permissions you have said to get.....and it worked ;-)

Thanks soooo much for the fast help, really made my day!!!!!!

Thread Information