Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [already possible] Push to mute => minimize/eliminate the delay!

I have a small problem with your software...
    My hotkey config looks like this:

V (down) | Enable Local Mic Mute (Default)
    V (up) | Disable Local Mic Mute (Default)

Since V is my standard push to talk key in games which support ingame voip and i use voice activation in ts3 this works like it should, but the first bit of me talking ingame is still heard on the ts3 server. I come from mumble and there is no delay in the easier to setup push to mute function. I would feel more comfortable with ts3 if you eliminate this delay.

Thank you for your time and hopefully taking this into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by spookster View Post
    Since V is my standard push to talk key in games which support ingame voip and i use voice activation in ts3 this works like it should, but the first bit of me talking ingame is still heard on the ts3 server. I come from mumble and there is no delay in the easier to setup push to mute function.
    Maybe the delay after realeasing PTT is working.
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> If you have checked "Advanced Options" then verify that "Delay after releasing PTT" is unchecked.

Thanks @ PotaBlava!
    This Thread may be closed

Push to Mute

Basic/Common Use Case:
    When playing games with friends in TeamSpeak I often need to use the game's built-in voice chat to talk to people in-game as well. The problem is that if I were to talk to people in-game using the in-game push to talk my friends in TeamSpeak would hear me double (in-game and through TeamSpeak voice activated). So I map the same PTT button that I use in-game to act as push-to-mute in TeamSpeak.

The problem is that TeamSpeak's current method for allowing you to do push-to-mute is inadequate. Unlike PTT, which is instantaneous, mapping hotkeys to the Mute/Unmute Microphone or Local Mic Mute/Unmute is unresponsive/laggy (0.5 to 1 second) for the latter and rate limited for the former (too many too quick = spam control for too many mute/unmute commands).

What this means for the use case is that we still hear each other double for the first 0.5 to 1 second of speech after pressing the button or if we use the less laggy Mute/Unmute Microphone action and we are using the push to mute too quickly we get a temporary spam block on the server and the block can happen right in the middle of the Mute->Unmute cycle effectively completely muting you until the next time you use the push-to-mute after your temporary block is gone.

What Teamspeak needs is a dedicated "Push-to-Mute" action like "Push-to-Talk" is. I assume it is like that because Push-to-Talk shortcut monitoring is polled much more frequently or is otherwise handled in a special way that mapping keydown/keyup would not be adequate for.

Quote Originally Posted by mahdrillz View Post
    The problem is that TeamSpeak's current method for allowing you to do push-to-mute is inadequate. Unlike PTT, which is instantaneous, mapping hotkeys to the Mute/Unmute Microphone or Local Mic Mute/Unmute is unresponsive/laggy (0.5 to 1 second)
    That's extreme server lag. The effect of mute should be instant no matter of the server lag.
    for the latter and rate limited for the former (too many too quick = spam control for too many mute/unmute commands).
    Can be done with the permission system.

Quote Originally Posted by mahdrillz View Post
    Basic/Common Use Case:
    Please, read this thread and maybe you could solve the issue:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ight=releasing

Thread Information