Forum

Keep somone from getting assigned a group?

If I wanted to keep my server admins from assigning all other server groups to themself.
    Or if I have a user I dont want to have a group assigned to them.
    Is this possible?

I think you can make a "stop it" server group. Reducing his member_add and member_delete power to nothing. He will then not be able to change any group behaviour. Just give "i_group_member_add_power" and "i_group_member_remove_power" a value of "-1" and activate "skip" and "negate".

You can try an easier way.
    Just set "i_client_needed_permission_modify_power" permission of SA group to > 75 and "i_client_permission_modify_power" permission
    to 75 i.e.
    SA should be able to grant other users groups (as long as their "i_client_needed_permission_modify_power" permission is <= "i_client_permission_modify_power" permission of SA or not set) but not themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    I think you can make a "stop it" server group. Reducing his member_add and member_delete power to nothing. He will then not be able to change any group behaviour. Just give "i_group_member_add_power" and "i_group_member_remove_power" a value of "-1" and activate "skip" and "negate".
    That would not necessarily work for all Server Groups, as some could still add some Group Member Add Power to themselves in Client Permissions, which would then override the negated Server Group Permissions. For people without a lot of permissions that should work though.

Alcazars way should work out just fine, as it will also keep the clients from editing their Client Permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    Alcazars way should work out just fine, as it will also keep the clients from editing their Client Permissions.
    You know, flattery brings you nowhere
    To restrict client permissions without tinkering around with *_permission_modify_power values just remove "b_virtualserver_client_permission_list" permission from that group or client.
    (Valid only for clients and some WI, not for ServerQuery).

I am not sure whats happening errrr.
    My Admin group can only do a few things giving out Server Groups is not one of them. Creating channels and giving out channel groups is.
    They can make a channel (the server gives them Channel Admin) We really dont need them to have that but the only thing we can do is remove it as we go. However once they get channel admin for that channel they can not remove it from themself or admin anyone else for that room. All channel groups get greyed out.
    I have the Channel Admins setup to only be able to give out and remove the channel group Member and not to have the ability to add or remove Channel Admins.
    So it seems that for some reason the Channel Admin group is changing the permissions of my Admin server group.

Well I had to apply b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions
    I did not think that a channel group would over role a server group.

Did you read the permissions guide coming with the server (also to be found on this page, "literature" AFAMK)?
    There it is explained, that channel groups overwrite server groups (also channels and clients).
    Using the "Big" Skip Permission a group ignores any permissions set on channel or channel group layer, those they would be able to access channels that even have a needed_join_power.
    Better is to manually skip those permissions (check the skip box) which should not be overwritten.
    Last edited by Alcazar; December 10th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information