Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question about UID <-> DBID relationship

Hey, is the server DBID unique for every UID? I just got a client in my server that had a different UID for the same DBID, not sure if intented, I thought it was unique so I would like to know if it is bug or not.

The UID is the ID of the identity in your client, you can create more identities each with different UID. The DBID is the id of your client (uid) in a database of a teamspeak server.
    E.g. If you have a different UID (identity) on the same server you get a different DBID.

Quote Originally Posted by barricas View Post
    Hey, is the server DBID unique for every UID? I just got a client in my server that had a different UID for the same DBID, not sure if intented, I thought it was unique so I would like to know if it is bug or not.
    Are you sure it wasn't on different servers for same person?

Quote Originally Posted by barricas View Post
    This is not possible. On every virtual server, each UID has only one DBID and vice-versa. Additionally, everyone is assigned a CLID each time they connect. Every few hours, TS3 re-assigns CLIDs no longer in use, while a DBID that has once been deleted will never be assigned again.

Very weird. I save in my database the UID and DBID of the client and make sure they don't exist in the DB.

However one guy today was getting a bug because his DBID already existed in the DB and he had a different UID.
    Not sure why though.

Probably I just changed the UID one time in the DB and forgot to also change the DBID, then the guy enters with his old identity and caused the bug.

To me this sounds like you fumble in your database by inserting rows with DBID and UID outside of the server application probpably by script or even manual editing? Is that so?!

Thread Information