Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some kind of bot spamming the server

My server query just got hacked today, they sent message directly from server query:

"ServerAdmin": Hello, this server will close in a few minutes! Please connect now at new ip address: zonfibra.net"

AND after that

They DDoSed my VPS, so it really looked like we are going offline.. I already reported it to "support" becouse i think that was some TS3 "hole"... after i set server back online, and updated it to 3.0.10.2 (it was 3.0.10.1 before attack) i saw very strange thing. GUEST HAD PERMITION TO MANAGE SERVER GROUPS! ...

Now i completely dissabled 10011 port, backed up everything and will see if it helps..

and i googled them a bit and it looks like some kid "haxors" - read as as*holes - some of them got VAC bans on steam, some posts on "hack" forums with nickname Zonfibra etc..

Quote Originally Posted by wUFr0 View Post
    My server query just got hacked today, they sent message directly from server query:

"ServerAdmin": Hello, this server will close in a few minutes! Please connect now at new ip address: zonfibra.net"

AND after that

They DDoSed my VPS, so it really looked like we are going offline.. I already reported it to "support" becouse i think that was some TS3 "hole"... after i set server back online, and updated it to 3.0.10.2 (it was 3.0.10.1 before attack) i saw very strange thing. GUEST HAD PERMITION TO MANAGE SERVER GROUPS! ...

Now i completely dissabled 10011 port, backed up everything and will see if it helps..
    Yesterday I had the same problem and the same message "ServerAdmin: Hello... ". (but no DDoS, we use a phisical firewall to avoid them)
    I'm investigating.
    Last edited by Kaosvf; December 16th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

I have the same problem and I now about other ts too. We found out that it was propably done by identity of gametracker.com or tsviewer.com under which they scan your server.

I was able to find the vulnerability and reproduce the violation. I just sent a PM to some staff's member.

Some kind of bot spamming the server

Hey,

Recently a bot has been spamming the server.
    A nick "ServerAdmin" sends a message to all clients:

<ServerAdmin> Hello, this server will close in a few minutes! Please connect now to our new ip address: xxxxx

I can't find such user in the server. Only thing that appears in the logs is:
    query client disconnected 'ServerAdmin'(id:13338) reason 'reasonmsg=disconnecting'

ID: 13338 is for different kind of tracking systems - gamestate, gametracker, tsviewer, etc...

Any ideas?

Quick edit: Since I wasn't receiving any of the spam as a "Server admin", I gave permissions to a user that had received the message and he banned a strange IP (by clicking on the username and banning it) - 209.15.237.194, despite receiving an error while trying.
    I suppose that was the user/bot spamming. How could such kind of spam be prevented?

Just do any of these:

• Use non-standard query port (see server quickstart file)
    • Remove b_client_server_textmessage_send from Guest
    • Remove b_virtualserver_select from Guest Server Query

(Your id:13338 is simply for anonymous non-voice query clients.)

They do not use b_client_server_textmessage_send for that message.
    It is the i_client_private_textmessage_power and targets i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power

The problem is, that your Guest Server Query and Guest do not have any value for that permission per default.
    This can not get fixed , when i_client_private_textmessage_power of -1 was set into the guest query.

The only workarounds are:
    1. Disable or remove b_virtualserver_select for Guest Server Query
    This can be done with the query command:
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_virtualserver_select permvalue=0 permnegated=0 permskip
    or
    2. Or change the port for the server query. (as said before, please read serverDIR\doc\server_quickstart.txt)

or
    3. Set i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power of 1 to all your Groups.

or
    4. Go into the Client permissions and now search for ServerQuery
    Now add the permission i_client_private_textmessage_power of -1

I will send that to our developers, but i dont think this will be changed this year.
    Last edited by dante696; December 19th, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: tnx for that trick
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

dante if you enter by YATQA and put the ip of the server then find id 1 (in most cases) you can send poke messages/text to everyone and it does not use the server guest query i already tested and put the normal guest with poke power of -1 and try by YATQA and now it doesn't work the pokes but they still can send text messages to the channel and provate because its guest and i can't take those power of the group..

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    They do not use b_client_server_textmessage_send for that message.
    It is the i_client_private_textmessage_power and targets i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power

The problem is, that your Guest Server Query and Guest do not have any value for that permission per default.
    This can not get fixed , when i_client_private_textmessage_power of -1 was set into the guest query.

The only workarounds are:
    1. Disable or remove b_virtualserver_select for Guest Server Query
    This can be done with the query command:
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_virtualserver_select permvalue=0 permnegated=0 permskip
    or
    2. Or change the port for the server query. (as said before, please read serverDIR\doc\server_quickstart.txt)

or
    3. Set i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power of 1 to all your Groups.

I will send that to our developers, but i dont think this will be changed this year.
    Regarding i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power = 1 isn't (partially) true:
    if there is a value of i_client_private_textmessage_power >= 1 in Guest group, the Guest Server Query use not his permission but Guest permission too... and set i_client_private_textmessage_power of GSQ = 0 or -1 isn't usefull! (double bug?).

The points 1 and 2 are better.

That user is no "Guest Query" reagarding the permissions related to the virtual server.
    That user will be a normal Guest for that virtual server and does use the permission from the guest groups. This is a normal behavior how it was build.

He stays a "Guest Query" for the server instance.

I have no soloution yet for that problem.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The only temporarly solution is change the query port wich can easily be found by a port scan making this not a big solution..

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    That user is no "Guest Query" reagarding the permissions related to the virtual server.
    That user will be a normal Guest for that virtual server and does use the permission from the guest groups. This is a normal behavior how it was build.

He stays a "Guest Query" for the server instance.

I have no soloution yet for that problem.
    Now I understand the difference, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by skinhead View Post
    The only temporarly solution is change the query port wich can easily be found by a port scan making this not a big solution..
    Or follow the point 1.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5

I have quite a simple solution... iptables

The server query on my server is allowed to be used from "TSViewer" and the server itself, so I do:
    Code:
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  127.0.0.1            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  85.25.120.233        0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011
    REJECT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    So noone unwanted harrasses my server query.

I started this because some time ago a user registered my teamspeak server on a viewer tool without asking me as owner. I found a great number of query logins and found out that our server was registered on a "viewer website", so I shut down server query for everyone but myself and "tsviewer" as accepted "viewer website".

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    I have quite a simple solution... iptables

The server query on my server is allowed to be used from "TSViewer" and the server itself, so I do:
    Code:
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  127.0.0.1            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  85.25.120.233        0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011
    REJECT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10011 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    So noone unwanted harrasses my server query.

I started this because some time ago a user registered my teamspeak server on a viewer tool without asking me as owner. I found a great number of query logins and found out that our server was registered on a "viewer website", so I shut down server query for everyone but myself and "tsviewer" as accepted "viewer website".
    That will be difficult for someone that has the server added in 5 or 4 like TSviewer, i think this is a big "bug" and should be patched right away

Thread Information