Forum

Mic Works but no sound through headset

I am using Windows 7
    Version 3.013.1 TS
    I have tested my headset under control panel and it works fine but I get no sound when in TS. It worked fine yesterday until about 6 pm EST. then No sound at all since. People say they can hear me but I cannot hear them.

Same with me!

Check your playback settings -> playback device

Same problem was working yesterday. Updated ts just now and sound stopped working. Playback device is correct. mic is working fine as well. Tested headset under control panel works fine. Disabled all other sound devices and made headset default. sound does not play from ts. Game sound, windows sounds and itunes all play fine through it.

Windows 8
    TS 3.0.14
    QT Version 5.2.1
    Alienware Tactx headset
    on board sound
    yes it worked before

And resolved. For some strange reason i have to go into my recording devices and disable my line in port. So if you have this problem don't just start by disabling all your playback devices also disable all of your recording devices as well.
    Last edited by grogimer; March 15th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

I've been having this problem off and on since I installed this program. It seems that if you have a headset that utilizes a USB port, you have to basically guess which one will work, if any of them. Some days you won't be able to get it to work at all. And for any admin, don't tell me to check my playback settings because I'm not stupid. They don't change anything. Defaults work just fine, if at all during that day. Why is it that this is the only program that has an issue detecting a playback device when both my mic and headphones are the same thing? Skype, RaidCall, YouTube, and literally anything else works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFennec View Post
    I've been having this problem off and on since I installed this program. It seems that if you have a headset that utilizes a USB port, you have to basically guess which one will work, if any of them. Some days you won't be able to get it to work at all. And for any admin, don't tell me to check my playback settings because I'm not stupid. They don't change anything. Defaults work just fine, if at all during that day. Why is it that this is the only program that has an issue detecting a playback device when both my mic and headphones are the same thing? Skype, RaidCall, YouTube, and literally anything else works just fine.
    What's your headset?
    Using a G930 here with no problems at all.

Thread Information