Forum

Game minimizes the first time someone pokes me. (FIXED WINDOWS 7 & UP)

I have been plagued with this same issue for a long time, but no-one was able to help me fix the problem. While playing in game I would receive a poke and it would minimize my game and get me killed. Basically the POKE message would show and minimize the game causing TeamSpeak to be the IN-FRONT program and not my game.

FIX:

OPTION 1:
    1. On the Windows 7 task bar, not sure in WIN 8+, right click the up arrow down by the clock and date where all your mini-icons are located in the taskbar.
    2. Click properties and find the blue hyperlink that states: "Customize Notification Icons"
    3. Find TeamSpeak 3 in the list.
    4. In the drop down options select: "Hide icon and notifications." For all instances of TeamSpeak 3.
    5. You will still receive the sound, but not the annoying ALT + TAB effect while in game.

OPTION 2:
    1. Click the Windows Start button.
    2. In the search box type: "Customize icons on the taskbar"
    3. Find TeamSpeak 3 in the list.
    4. In the drop down options select: "Hide icon and notifications." For all instances of TeamSpeak 3.
    5. You will still receive the sound, but not the annoying ALT + TAB effect while in game.

I am sure there are multiple ways to find the same place, but that's how I found it and the result is the same. Hope this helps people with the problem of getting minimized from full screen while playing a game and using BF3.

PLEASE STICKY THIS POST!

Question Anyway to stop pokes minimizing games in Teamspeak on Windows 8?

I'm on Windows 8 and each time someone pokes me in Teamspeak my game is minimized and when I'm playing DotA this can have a really big effect on me.
    I've looked at previous threads but they only show how to fix the issue on windows 7, has anyone figured out how to fix this? And also why isn't there already an option to stop this from happening within the client its self?

Was already discussed in another thread. Only way to disable pokes is disabling them for you by using permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Was already discussed in another thread. Only way to disable pokes is disabling them for you by using permissions.
    But I don't want to completely remove them, it's a quick way to privately message your friends and get their attention, I just don't see why there isn't an option to stop it appearing on top. And there are ways to fix it on Windows 7 so I'm hoping that people have also been able to find a fix in Windows 8.

Bitmicro, just 4 interest, are you using a nvidia or ati graphiccard?
    Last edited by MuhChy; September 11th, 2014 at 04:20 PM.

To fix it on Windows 8 go to the bar on the bottom left of your screen with all the icons, with teamspeak 3 open. Click on the little white arrow pointing up like, ^ , then click on the hyperlinked - blue - text saying "Customize..." this will bring up a menu the same as on windows 7. From here scroll till you find TeamSpeak3 Client and click on the drop down menu box it will say either "Only Show Notifications" or "Show Icon and Notifications" change this to "Hide Icon and Notifications" and your problem should be fixed.

Sorry there is a way to do it on windows 10?

Thread Information