Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Multiple Network Interfaces NEEDS FIXING ASAP

So after having my dedicated server set up, due to company changes we needed to add a secondary nic card to it. I have the IP and everything configured correctly. But Teamspeak does not have a way to specify which network adapter to use.

Therefore everyone on the internet cannot connect, but if you are internal network it works fine. So the only fix so far for it is to disable the internal network adapter then start teamspeak then re-start the internal network adapter. This is NOT a solution and this should be fixed ASAP in the next update.

One Unhappy Server Admin.

Can't you just specify the IP Teamspeak listens to in the .ini file?

It does not work, because it will bind to that IP on the WRONG network adapter. I have that set up already.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidog View Post
    It does not work, because it will bind to that IP on the WRONG network adapter. I have that set up already.
    +1 this needs to be fixed

You can set the network priority if you wish, there is a blog talking about it here:-

http://ramblingsofamadcomputerguy.bl...-priority.html

This is assuming you are talking about Windows 2008 R2 server that is If you set the nic that you want TS to use as the higher priority it will then use that one..

Finally someone understands my pain.

By the way, disabling and even deleting internal NIC (for local network) doesn't work. After deleting NIC and reloading server it doesn't work for a some reason. I will try to reinstall it completely, but not hope for anything. Only solution I see is installing TS 3 server on a last computer in local network, which have only 1 NIC. But in this case, will it work for all internet, or will install like local? Tomorrow will check it.

And yes, specifying IP of correct NIC doesn't work. And changing metric like here too.

New Info! Server start working correctly only after removing second NIC from system and starting it. After that updating hardware monitor and returning second NIC back doesn't crash it, but... When my neighborhood from internal network connect server drop everyone from external network, and doesn't work again. So, I can't understand - what am i must to do? I need that my neighborhood can connect, and my teammates from external network too, but I can't do it. And I afraid, that with such things server will not work after the router.

How to bind a server instance to an ip was explained already.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...highlight=bind

Maybe that helps to solve that problems.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you foe help! But this doesn't work)
    Earlier I tried to specify voice_ip function, that matter nothing. Now I tried to use that ini-file, tried to use that right in shortcut. Nothing new.
    Interesting, that after remove/add back procedure all work fine. But only before the other computer from inner network connect. He crash all the connections from external network. Maybe TS-server can specify most hardly correct NIC? By MAC, or Hardware ID?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    How to bind a server instance to an ip was explained already.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...highlight=bind

Maybe that helps to solve that problems.
    Re-Read, this is a Teamspeak issue binding to a specific IP will bind to that IP on the wrong network adapter (My server has 3 network adapters).

So, no one find solutions to fix that problem?

What I don't understand is why you have the same IP on two separate network cards (which is what you seem to be saying) that are on different network segments. Wouldn't that in itself cause problems elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    What I don't understand is why you have the same IP on two separate network cards (which is what you seem to be saying) that are on different network segments. Wouldn't that in itself cause problems elsewhere?
    Off course we not. That was just assumption that server listen to WRONG IP on the wrong NIC. Off course I have different IP for extrernal (real static IP) and internal (192.168.137.1) networks.

Well if you've configured your ts3server.ini properly, and Teamspeak is using it, I can only imagine there's something wrong with your network setup, can you post the output of ipconfig /all (and please don't hide any IP addresses, that won't help find the problem)

Thread Information