Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Problem with initial connection to server from people in same network as server

First let me say, I'm not sure if this is a server issue or a client issue but as it only effects myself and my wife on our own server I host, I think it is possible an issue with my home network.

I have noticed that whenever myself or my wife try to connect to my own TeamSpeak server the initial connection fails; however, if we try to connect a second time, the connection goes through without a problem. The initial failure is only for the two of us; anyone else connecting to the server from the internet gets through right away on the first try.

I'm not sure what the issue is with our connections or if it has anything to due with the fact that we are on the same network. When I set up the server initially we did not have this problem. It seems to have started with the new version of the server.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by raistlin920 View Post
    I have noticed that whenever myself or my wife try to connect to my own TeamSpeak server the initial connection fails; however, if we try to connect a second time, the connection goes through without a problem. The initial failure is only for the two of us; anyone else connecting to the server from the internet gets through right away on the first try.
    It's supposed that you, you and your wife, are connecting using the public IP, the same IP or addressname, as users from internet.

If this was the case, you could try the following:

In the same computer where the server is running --> use localhost instead of the IP or the addressname.
    In other computer --> use the local IP of the server, usually 192.168.x.y

That did the trick! Still not sure what was causing the initial failure, but as my wife says "If it works, leave it alone." It was funny that it never did it before the last version of the server. Thanks for the assistance!

Thread Information