Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TS3 Poke To Top

Post TS3 Poke To Top

OS X Mavericks 2013 MacBook Pro 15

I also run Win7 which brings TS3 to the top of all windows when I receive a poke.

My Mac client does not and I would like this. That or for a way to make notifications pop up in the notification center so I am notified about the poke as sometimes I don't look at my TS for days on end. and have sound muted from time to time.

Please help with both if I can only have one please give me the notification bubble in the notification center

Maybe this Thread can help you!

no it didnt unfortunately. I didn't want to sign up for an account so i scoured the posts to make sure i didnt need to.

Im here now posting...

Also I need this for mac not windows.

I've created a small plugin, that enhances a few TS3 features on OS X:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/95041

With Mavericks, you should already get notifications when you're poked. While I think that bringing the client window on top is a bad idea as it may interfere with your work, I made the plugin set the dock icon badge and indicate that you've "unread" stuff in the client.

Solved Ability to disable poking

We need to be able to have a choice if we want to receive pokes. For me it removed fullscreen from the game every time I am poked.

your I_client_needed_poke_power must be lower than others I_client_poke_power.
    you can change that or make a 'no poke' group that overrides the needed poke permission

You can either disable poking server side using the permission system or on the client side for specific clients using the contacts feature and the contact defaults.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    your I_client_needed_poke_power must be lower than others I_client_poke_power.
    you can change that or make a 'no poke' group that overrides the needed poke permission
    Andersrum wird ein Schuh draus
    To disable poke his needed_power has to be > the poke_power of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Andersrum wird ein Schuh draus
    To disable poke his needed_power has to be > the poke_power of others.
    Of course, you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You can either disable poking server side using the permission system or on the client side for specific clients using the contacts feature and the contact defaults.
    I'd like to comment.
    I tried changing the contact defaults to block pokes from Neutral, Blocked and Friends.
    Although they managed to poke me regardless of my configuration.
    When I added them to my contacts and listed them either as Neutral Friend or Blocked they couldn't manage to poke me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by changing the default contact settings I need to add every single person in the server to my contacts in order to block his pokes?

Quote Originally Posted by tjyeee View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but by changing the default contact settings I need to add every single person in the server to my contacts in order to block his pokes?
    Yes, since it is a setting for contacts everyone you don't want to be able to poke you have to be on your contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by tjyeee View Post
    And due the contacts is a local configuration, in other TS3 client that you use your identity the block won't be 'work'.
    The permissions are in the server and linked to the identity then any client (PC, iOS, Android) with use this identity will have the permission, in your case "pokes blocked".

In a place where we don't fill in **optional** details to register for a forum.
    Given the replies in this thread, any chance we can see neutral applied to users not yet added to the contact list, or a new category in addition to neutral that covers anyone not on the contact list?

I fail to understand the design philosophy where the user should need to put extra work into preventing anyone from poking them, ever, if that's how they want the client to behave.

Had to update to the new version of TS3, now pokes are annoying

Hey guys
    so, today I had to format my PC and now obviously the only version of TS I could download was the newest one. Before I had the version from one update ago, I have no idea which number it had, but it worked fine on every single server.

Now, I have a huge issue with the new version. I've already had this issue on my laptop and it really annoyed me: when I get poked, teamspeak forces itself on top of my screen, no matter what I'm doing. And I can't disable it at all, at least I couldn't find anything in the settings.
    In the previous version, I would hear the "hey, wake up" and had that little pop up showing the message in the bottom right screen of my corner. It was nice, I could see who is poking me and why instantly without tabbing out of games or whatever else I was doing.
    Now, I already found a thread showing how to completely disable notifications from pokes (apart from the sound), but I really want that little message down there. Also, I have my task bar set to show all icons at all times, and in order to follow that fix I'd have to change that, which I also don't want. I hate having to click that arrow in order to see my running programs, it's just useless.

Is there ANY way to just disable the annoyance of ts3 maximizing? Or is there a way for me to download the older version again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This may sound like a small problem, but since I am on quite a few servers all the time I get poked frequently and it turns into a big problem.

Thanks,
    aV

In a place where we don't fill in **optional** details to register for a forum.
    Shoving this one back up there, because it's not "Already Possible". The OP is asking for a way to disable all pokes in the client, without having to add someone to their contact list every time someone new joins the server, and without any specific permissions on the server.

Is there a specific reason you're avoiding giving more control over your own client? If it's that important that a server admin can enforce "you must allow poking to connect to this server", design the client to report its setting and autokick anyone who disables pokes. That would leave control over the client in the hands of the user running it, and control over the server in the hands of the user running it.

Thread Information