Forum

Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Posts
    1

    Teamspeak 3.0.2 + Unity 3D Standalone - Failed Assertion 'static_cast' on Mac OS X

    Hi
    We are integrating teamspeak with Unity3D application. Currently we are having issues with using teamspeak on Mac OSX platform. As soon as we launch the app, the client hangs and stops responding. We tested on 3 mac systems with different OS X versions. System specs for two of them are shown in the bottom. For mac Mini system, it was able to initialise teamspeak and load application but only after delay of 45+ seconds, till then it was not responding. For the other system ( Maverick), it never recovered and had to be stopped forcefully from Activity Monitor.

    I have attached the log files which were generated by the application and also by teamspeak.

    Things to note :

    A) In Maverick, Unity application got this log while initialising :

    snippet start
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
    Channels: 2
    Channel: 0 desc:4294967295
    Channel: 1 desc:4294967295
    client/clientlib/sound/backends/coreaudio/coreaudio_impl.cpp:887: failed assertion `static_cast<unsigned int>(params->sampleCount) <= m_PlaybackBufferSize'
    _
    snippet end
    B) In Mac Mini, Unity log
    snippet start
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
    Channels: 2
    Channel: 0 desc:4294967295
    Channel: 1 desc:4294967295
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
    VRAM: 256 MB
    snippet end

    Log files from teamspeak :
    Thing to note in those are :
    snippet start
    2014-01-02 15:22:38.508522|DEBUG |Core Audio | | BufferFrameSizeRange = 14, 2304
    2014-01-02 15:22:38.560090|INFO |PreProSpeex | 1| Speex version: 1.2rc1
    2014-01-02 15:22:38.788949|WARNING |Core Audio | | No speakers assigned to channels. Please do this in AUDIO MIDI SETUP of osx. Defaulting to stereo for now failure: (0) noErr

    2014-01-02 15:22:38.791863|DEBUG |Core Audio | | BufferFrameSizeRange = 14, 4608

    snippet end

    The assertion fail is the main issue that i think is causing the crash. Please check and let us know.

    Note : We tested the application by disabling teamspeak and the application ran perfectly.

    System specs :
    Mavericks
    10.9.1
    2.4 Ghz Intel core i5
    8Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3


    Mac Mini
    10.7.5
    2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
    2Gb 1067Mhz DDR3
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Resolved] Server crash (Assertion failed)
    By Bluscream in forum Server Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
  2. Assertion failed when using the plugin API
    By Knocky in forum Bug Reports [EN/DE]
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM
  5. [CRITICAL] Server crash (db_exec failed and assertion failed)
    By Slater in forum Bug Reports [EN/DE]
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •