Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Problem with getting more and more faint while speaking

I've had this Problem for quite some time now. The longer i speak the more i faint out in Teamspeak to the point where others can't understand me anymore, I also sound really dull. The louder i speak the stronger this effect gets.

If i take breaks every few seconds so the auto-activations stops for a moment it resets, it also does that sometimes when somebody interrupts me. Another aspect is, that it starts getting quiet and dull sooner and it's worse when my ping is getting higher, for example when my brother is watching youtube.

I own a Fatal1ty Gaming Headset which was recommendet to me nearly everywhere I asked, and a friend of mine uses the same without any Problems.

In case that this Problem is unknown i recoreded it and can upload the file if needed.

Which Operating System do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    Which Operating System do you use?
    I am using Windows 7

Then go to Control Panel
    > Sound
    > Recording
    > select the mikrofon you use and click on properties
    > go to advanced tab
    > If the check boxes in Exclusive Mode are active deactivate them or if they are deactivated then activate them and try if something changed

Hope this helps, if it doesn't then I have no other idea.

No, sadly it didn't work. But thanks for the quick reply.

The Problem still consists

There are a few things you can try, though I've not encountered this issue myself yet...

First, go into your mic settings and turn on [x] Listen to this device, and hit apply (if it's not already checked. Talk a bit, listen to yourself, see if reduces in volume as you speak or if there's extra noise or feedback. If there's feedback, TS could be reducing noise and automating gain (TS features under Options>Capture), to compensate for the issues your mic may be having. If it's not perfect, you may be able to apply some enhancements, under it's respective tab for your mic that could clean it up. But if you're talking and what you're hearing is good. The following list are some things you can try out to try to isolate the issue or maybe even solve it.

1) Run TS in administrator, while for the issue you've explained may not sound like a solution, in my time i've been surpised at what issues just running something as admin resolves.
    2) Update the drivers that control your microphone input, with many built into the motherboard and motherboard drivers are often overlooked, this could be a source of the issue.
    3) Fiddle with your TS Options under [Capture>, start toggling features and try to isolate the possible issue. Make sure your mic is selected under device, and to testing there as well.
    4) Disable plugins and Overwolf (if you use it), again, toggling features to isolate the issue.
    5) Try different versions of TS, if you run 64bit, try 32bit, and the other way around if you use a 64bit system. (Don't use 64bit if you use a 32bit system)

Last resort... good practice in shortening and summarizing conversations...

First of all thanks for the answer, and sorry i replied so late. I will try these out as soon as i get the Chance.

Thread Information