Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: High ping

High ping

Hi . I want just to ask you why in last days, in the evenings, I have a high ts ping that can't make me play Haxball (online game). Is there a way to solve this problem?

If your ms on ts is high it doesnt have to mean its teamspeak fault, its most likely your network, some kind of downloads or maybe windows updates or basically your ISP. Check your ping and internet speed when u are getting that high ms at evening on http://speedtest.net

Name:  Cattura.PNG
Views: 1911
Size:  361.7 KB This is the result.. but it's strange because I have high ping just on a TS server, at same hours moreless and not on foreign servers. What do you advice me to do?!

As I can see on your speedtest picture your network is just fine, so it most likely server related thing. Well it could be that the server location which you are connecting is much farther then your location, like an different Continent.... Can others hear u good or u are breaking up?

No, I don't use to talk with others on this server. Anyway it's very strange because I use to play online and in Italian hosts (I am Italian) I don't have lag while in other foreign hosts, in the evenings, I start having high ping and it can't make me play. I thought maybe it could be because in that server where I have high ping, there are so many online clients (usually 180 about / 512 ) and in other foreign servers, although there are about 160 / 250 online clients, I haven't a high ping there. I tried to play with Teamspeak closed but the result was the same. I donno... I hope to have been clear.

You dont use it to talk with others? but seems that you have problems with your network since u get this problem even if u close your teamspeak, u should contact your ISP....

I'm ignorant in this area .. If maybe I try to change server with SpeedTest when I start having high ping ..?!

Your problem is probably not Teamspeak-related but a network problem on your side. High ping times can be the result of a congestion of your network bandwidth. This could happen if you try to transfer more data to or from the internet than your connection is able to handle. Are you sending huge amounts of data to the internet, for example by uploading stuff, streaming your game to others, file-sharing stuff to others? Or are you receiving huge amounts of data from the internet, for example watching video streams, downloading files?

Some routers are able to perform traffic shaping and prioritize traffic of specific applications (you can configure this on the router), but safest would be to check your internet traffic and suspend major other traffic while you are playing your online game. If you are not the only one who uses your internet connection, this includes the other users as well.

Thread Information