Forum

Low ping high packet loss

Yesterday i made fresh install of Centos 6 (with updates) and TS3 server. Everything was great (entire day) until this morning when the problem start. When i connected to TS i notice high packet loss but not only for me, even other users (on different locations, e.g. from different countries) have the same problem. Here is the screenshot:
    Name:  3a8e.jpg
Views: 2494
Size:  677.4 KB

I even check server connection info and its same situation so for sure its not my connection but must be a probelm with a server. What is important i didnt make any changes, no updates, nothing from yesterday to today. I try everything i could think or i could do from my side but nothing help. My VPS with 4 cores of an E3-1230v2 processor at 3.30 GHz each core, 2Gb of mem, and so on should be able to handle much more then a Centos 6 with TS server and few members. Just to mention i dont even have a CP installed on my VPS.
    So until i see what is going on with server provider anyone could give me some ideas what could be a problem or at least where i should look for it.

P.S. On the screenshot you can see "opus music" codec but that just left because i try to change codecs to see if anything will change but didnt make any difference.
    Last edited by Madbunny; January 19th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Im also having a similar issue.

Running TS on a VPS along side 2 forums and an EVE Killboard.

Packet loss is running from 5-50%.

Any known solutions?

We had a similar issue on our server that was being caused by this bug: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...3-to-v3-0-11-1

What was happening to us was that every time someone would assign a group it would cause a massive spike in the CPU usage and therefore cause high packet loss. The latest server version fixes this issue (3.0.11.2)

Can't speak for the other guy. But thats not my issue.

Its constant rate of packet loss, always at least 5% spike to 50-60

Have you checked to see if you have abnormally high cpu usage?

I was getting tons of packet loss with Centos6. I switched over to Ubuntu 14 and it went down about 60% overall. Cant say why, but might have something to do with how the real CPU and vCPU interacts with different distros installed

who is your host?

That bug mentioned above was resolved already. Could be a bandwidth issue or simply an issue with the routing. I'd run an WinMTR scan on the IP and see what the source of the packet loss is. Using the search, I discovered this post which talks a bit about it.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ghlight=WINMTR

Thread Information