Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Post Channel commander, everytime someone leaves they have to put it back on

I found this mild annoyance, how do i make that every time me or some other guy on teamspeak leave the server and come back, we dont have to toggle back on the channel commander (how to turn it on for good)

Not actually sure but I dont think u can set channel commander on for good, I mean is it so hard to make 2 click to turn it on? and the reason which could be that this option isnt possible, its because channel commander wasnt actually made so everyone can use it, only higher ranked people could, as of default settings at least.

Well, even though most people use the Channel Commander to give their lamp a pretty colour, the Channel Commander can be used in an awesome way. It can be used to make your whisper lists dynamic. Please click on Tools, Whisper Lists, New, Whisper to: Groups, Group Whisper Type: Channel Commander.
    It would therefore not make much sense to make people Channel Commander permanently. Otherwise you could just add those persons to your whisper list and you don't need the Channel Commander anymore.

Now I might be mistaken on this, but wouldn't just using a basic server group as channel commander replacement offer all requested functionality? It's permanent, it can be dynamically whispered to, multi-group is possible...one just would have to make sure to not tie unwanted permissions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Now I might be mistaken on this, but wouldn't just using a basic server group as channel commander replacement offer all requested functionality? It's permanent, it can be dynamically whispered to, multi-group is possible...one just would have to make sure to not tie unwanted permissions to it.
    Not quite. A Channel Commander is still more flexible than that. As an example: There are built in hotkeys for turning it on/off or toggle the status. This means that even if you're ingame you can change the whisper lists extremely fast.

Ah yeah well, I forgot one can toggle server groups per hotkey only via my plugin ;P

very nice.lol

Thread Information