Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[IMPOSSIBLE] Skinning Help - Remove boarder around TeamSpeak window

So I've been working on this skin and I need to get rid of the border around all edges of the TeamSpeak window, is it possible?

See attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ThexKezza; January 26th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Short answer: No.

I'd like to see it be possible to actually fully skin it, but I'm not sure if that is possible with Qt. Basically have the titlebar, close buttons and entire border skin-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Adante View Post
    Short answer: No.

I'd like to see it be possible to actually fully skin it, but I'm not sure if that is possible with Qt. Basically have the titlebar, close buttons and entire border skin-able.
    Ahh, that's a bummer, but thank you.
    And yes, I wish teamspeak had better skinning support, like Steam, but if it was that skin-able I don't think I'd bother to mess with it, but even a little more customization options would be great, but hey, you gottah work with what you've got =)

Cheers

Can some1 help me to change this color (blue) of server group names (only unselected as u can see on screen) ? Where should I look to change this value ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oknooo.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	9874

What did you use to make the skin? I looked at the qt thing and cant find the download link.

I need help too. TY

Kakashi, you just need a text editor like Notepad++ (Recommend for Syntax highlighting) to edit the .qss files. It's basically like css.

@WavezZ you send me a PM but my PM inbox was full so it deleted it (Terrific system, lol). I'm guessing it was about this? I unfortunately don't know. I checked QTreeview:item { color: #ffffff; }; but that didn't fix it.

Also if you happen to figure out how to make sure that the full names of the tabs shows up, without removing the margins and changing the font-size I'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Adante View Post
    Kakashi, you just need a text editor like Notepad++ (Recommend for Syntax highlighting) to edit the .qss files. It's basically like css.

@WavezZ you send me a PM but my PM inbox was full so it deleted it (Terrific system, lol). I'm guessing it was about this? I unfortunately don't know. I checked QTreeview:item { color: #ffffff; }; but that didn't fix it.

Also if you happen to figure out how to make sure that the full names of the tabs shows up, without removing the margins and changing the font-size I'd like to know.
    I have notepad, but im not a coding guy so i really don't understand what you wrote... lol

It would be really cool if someone had a video tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by [DOS]Kakashi23 View Post
    I have notepad, but im not a coding guy so i really don't understand what you wrote... lol

It would be really cool if someone had a video tutorial.
    I suggest looking at .css tutorials. css is very similar to qss.
    css is what you use for editing html(website) styles, whereas I've only seen qss used for teamspeak.

TIP: Download one of Adante's skins and use that .qss file, it's nicely setup with comments that will help you roughly know what changes what

Hope that helps =)

Thread Information