Forum

Hotkey to mute a single person in a channel.

There's a guy on our teamspeak that echoes a lot and I would like to be able to mute him while someone else wants to speak. Is there a bindable hotkey that can achieve this or perhaps an addon?

Thank you.

I don't think so, you can mute him for yourself with the mute function. To mute him for everybody in the channel you would need to change his power to talk (change group) or the channel needed talk power (if his talk power is already limited).
    So, no hotkey for that.
    I don't know if an addon exists for that, but you could probably create a bot to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    I don't know if an addon exists for that, but you could probably create a bot to do something like that.
    Are there any tutorials on creating teamspeak bots? I'd be willing to learn.

I have been looking for a tutorial myself, but didn't find anything. I even opend a thread here on the forum ( http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=93760) and asked how to start, but there has been no really helpful answer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wastewater View Post
    Are there any tutorials on creating teamspeak bots? I'd be willing to learn.
    Please use the linked page inside Istalantar post in regard of teamspeak3 bot.

If you have any other questions not related to topic in your first post on this thread please start a new one.

You could just use the MusicBot Ducking feature of CrossTalk to reduce his volume (much) when someone else talks. However, the reduction is local so affected users would have to go through the stresses and strains of a couple of mouse clicks to install it

Oh yea the only thing that comes to mind now(for the original question).

You could grant temporarily priority speaker to the person you want not to be interrupted.

Is there a way to assign a hotkey that allows you to mute a specific person?

I want to assign a hotkey that mutes a specific person. Is there a way to do this? The reason I want to do this because I have a teammate who rages all the time and it is hard for me to concentrate when he does that. So I want to mute him without having to alt+tab

You need a plugin or an overlay to do this.
    Such hotkey does not exit.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information