Forum

(Urgent) Microphone issues

Hey thanks for reading,

I recently bought a Medusa NX USB 5.1 Surround Headset (SpeedLink) which I took out of the box, plugged it in to the USB hole, I went into Sound, under 'Recording' I see 'Microphone' and green lines moving up and down which means it's working.

However when I go into TeamSpeak it doesn't work, I can hear people but they can't hear me. At best they hear sound for half a second and then it disappears.

I went into Options > Capture and set my capture Device as 'LeMicrophone' (I renamed it that) and it should work with Push to talk but doesn't so I tried Continuous Transmission and Voice Activation Detection and still nothing.

I went in the program called 'Sound Recorder' and I recorded myself and I came out perfectly and could hear myself. I then went onto an online microphone testing program and it works there as well. Went to Skype and green bars move smoothly as I talk so I guess it works.

I tried Ventrilo and it doesn't work there either.

So for some reason TS and Vent won't work with my mic.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did u get any driver with the microphone? Your problem must be on capture device, the one u set is probably aint right......and try putting direct sound on capture mode.

Thread Information