Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Users unable to log in - TS 3.Server amd64 3.0.10.3

I am running the server on a dedicated server with a dedicated IP address (198.144.157.158)
    I have ensured all ports required are open and working before beginning.
    I have installed TS to the server using the guide.
    We are using the 32 slot single virtual server, with NPL pending

So far only myself and one other person have been able to log into the server and that was only after I changed the password on the teamspeak server through the client.

At this point all other users have been unable to log into the server, even though myself and the other gent have no issue. There does not seem to be any errors in the server log files to show an issue taking place. Users simply get the error stating that there was a failure connecting.

The blacklist is empty and no users are banned. The server has a high availability of bandwidth, memory, cpu process, etc. Address is able to be pinged outside of my local.

***Posts merged***

We have found a log file via clientside which shows only the following:

1/22/2014 1:20:27 PM ClientUI Info Resolve successful: 198.144.157.158:9987
    1/22/2014 1:20:27 PM ClientUI Info Blacklist check ok
    1/22/2014 1:20:27 PM ClientUI Info Initiating connection: 198.144.157.158:9987 grimreaperbrigade.com
    1/22/2014 1:20:28 PM ClientUI Info Connect status: Connecting
    1/22/2014 1:20:33 PM ClientUI Info Connect status: Disconnected
    1/22/2014 1:20:33 PM ClientUI Info Failed to connect to server, want autoreconnect = 0
    Last edited by Matthias B; January 22nd, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Please take a look at this thread: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...not-connect%29

Thanks Matthias,

I tried that and it did not resolve the issue.

Oh my apologies, it seems like I did not read your post with enough care. If you are running TeamSpeak on a dedicated server, you don't usually have to forward ports.
    If there are lots of people being unable to connect to your server, then I assume this is an issue with your firewall or anti virus or something else is blocking the required packets. This is a list of the ports which the server uses - please make sure no incoming / outgoing packets are blocked on those ports: https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...k-3-server-use
    Maybe you whitelisted your own IP and therefore it accepts the traffic originating from your IP?
    If this does not help, you can ask somebody who is unable to connect to try to ping your server. If they are able to ping it but cannot connect, then you can be pretty sure that it is an issue with traffic being blocked (if your server is running etc.)

If there are only a few people being unable to connect, there could be a temporary issue with the routing.

People are able to access the associated site and are able to ping the ip address with no issues.
    A different user in the same location as I, using the same IP address is not able to connect.

Perhaps this issue is permissions based?
    How do I default the guest access privileges?

disregard, it's not permissions based. I restarted the server and still have the same issue

Situation resolved. I have multiple IPs on the server and the server was mapping to a different IP address using the domain name and when the second IP address was being accessed, this was causing the issue. I propagated to only one IP address and everything seems to have cleared up.

Thread Information