Forum

**Feature Request**: microphone muted on startup

Folks, I have a large group of people using TeamSpeak on a mix of clients, but Mac will do fine as a place to start: I'd love to have an option (or a default) that the microphone be muted on the startup of the client. A lot of people forget, regularly and repeatedly, and end up broadcasting some thoughts, noises... that would have been better kept to themselves.

Thanks -- any others interested in this or have ideas on a specific implementation that would serve us best?

d.

Well, i know absolutely nothing about the mac client, but i'll assume it have the same permissions the other OS have.

So you can find a work-around by doing:
    - Set all Channel Groups with needed talk power of 0 and the talk power of -1. When they log, they can't talk!

- Create a temporary servergroup that when given, allows them to speak. Adding SKIP to the talk power permission on every servergroup, makes them use the servergroup talk power to do the work! (Requires talk power = or > than 0 on every servergroup).

- Allow anyone to add this servergroup and they will have to add themselves to be able to speak.

Because it's temporary, when they log off, the servergroup will disappear, muting the client on every start.

Will this work for you?

/cheers
    Last edited by hnd11; January 23rd, 2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Typos

Ahh, I see I was not clear! it is not the microphones of others I wish to mute -- it is my own microphone. I'd like the individual clients to do the heavy lifting here.

thanks

d.

You are not muting other by this method. Every client is muted on log-in, and can only speak when they give themselves the "Unmute" servergroup.

/cheers

Thanks for the encouragement to read more carefully. Yes, that would work, but I would still like to see an option for a simple 'Preference' option of starting with the mic muted.

d.

To have such option in the preference panel, it needs that every client tick that box to be able to start muted. It wont be effective. If you want to force that option in every user, you would need a server side solution. Messing with permissions would be the easiest way to do it. You can also force PTT.

But either way, i think you should have requested this feature in the suggestion forum.

/cheers

If you wish this just for yourself, you could just set the capture profile in your favourites to 'none' and create a hotkey with activate capture profile such-and-such I guess. Didn't try it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    it is not the microphones of others I wish to mute -- it is my own microphone.
    There is another thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...hlight=startup
    but It's not indicated what plugin is.

Without plugins, I suggest:
    a) In Bookmarks, define "none" as capture-profile --> then you will connect without mic.
    and for activating the mic profile
    b-option1) Select the profile when ready to talk: Personal --> Capture profile --> Select the capture profile
    b-option2) Define a hotkey for activating the desired capture profile

Thanks all; a number of quasi-workable approaches there. I missed the 'Features' forum, and yes, should have brought it up there.

d.

Thread Information