Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Failed to Connect to server

server: teamspeak.ls-rcr.com

I was on the server a couple days ago, talking to my friends when out of nowhere I lose connection to the server. Apparently the server has a Firewall that blocks you if you try to connect too many times in a given time frame(unknown to me, I think it's 2 hours). Two day later, I still can't connect to the server. I've tried it on two computers (both through a router) to no avail. I've tried disabling firewalls, antivirus', nothing's working.

Just tried putting my computer in my router's DMZ and nothing changed.

Uninstalling than reinstalling Teamspeak did nothing.

I assume u have dynamic ip so our router reset ur ip once in 24h? Try to changed ur Mac address and see if works....

And how do I change my Mac address? In my router settings?

How do I do that? My router settings? I have a DLink.

First find out whats ur current MAC by going to cmd and write getmac.
    Then go to ->> (watch pictures)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ztm8We0.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	9876
    Properties

Name:	0ykqtiV.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	9877
    Configure

Name:	vLEAjiL.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	9878
    When u enter a new MAC it must be same as your old one but only even numbers can be changed. example if ur first 2 numbers are 56 then u can change 6 to 8 or to 4....If your mac is 54-F4-77-96-92-C3 -> then u can change only even numbers -> 52-F6-77-98-94-C3

Is there any way I can change my Mac address through the cmd because I can't follow your pictures. (Win XP Media Center)

Change the MAC address in Windows

Go to Start -> Control Panel. Double click on Network Connections (inside Network and Internet Connections category in Windows XP). The, right click on the active network connection with network adapter that you want to change the MAC address (normally Local Area Network or Wireless Network Connection) and click on Properties.
    Above steps work in Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003. For Windows Vista, access to NIC’s properties is from Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Manage Network Connections.

Alternatively, if you already know which network adapter that’s responsible for your network or Internet connection, go to Device Manager and open the properties dialog by double click on the NIC itself.

In the General tab, click on the Configure button.
    Click on Advanced tab.
    In the Property section, select and highlight Network Address or Locally Administered Address.

Name:	change-mac-address.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	9879
    To the right, “Not Present” radio button is by default selected as value. Change the value by clicking on radio button for Value:, and then type in a new MAC address to assign to the NIC.
    Change MAC Address of Network Adapter

The MAC address consists of 6 pairs of numbers (0 – 9) and characters (A – F) combination. For example, 88-17-E8-90-E2-0A. When entering the new MAC value, omit the dash (-), for example 8817E890E20A.

Click OK when done.
    To verify the change of MAC address, go to command prompt, then type in one of the following commands:
    ipconfig /all
    net config rdr

Reboot the computer if successful to make the change effective.
    Note: To restore or reset back to original default MAC address, simply set back the option to “Not Present”.

"In the Property section, select and highlight Network Address or Locally Administered Address."

Not there.

Name:	DHo5yXD.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	9880

Why does this have to be so complicated? -_- Downloading a Mac changer.

Changed the MAC and it didn't seem to have done anything.

Well I just connected with address u got disconnect and it works with no problem, so u changed IP and mac still cant connect, are u sure they didnt banned u? I pinged the address and the ip is 217.23.8.198 so try to connect with the ip. If after all that nothing works then I would unfortunately suggest u to reinstall windows...

No, I haven't changed the MAC or IP or anything(I'm not sure if the MAC bit actually did anything). And the IP connect didn't work.

Thread Information