Forum

Question Show who is talking on a livestream

I live stream regularly. and when I do I talk to people in team speak. I would like to have it so the people watching can see who is talking. what are some ways I can do that?

I have tried both overwolf and the overlay plug-in. overwolf disappears when I click on the game for some reason. and the overlay conflicts with my streaming software. (yes I have tried to disable loading, but "OBS.exe" does not show up for some reason. so I cant do that)

thanks in advance

Apart from Overwolf, currently working options on windows to my knowledge are using the former official plugin or the beta of it's successor, Project Kryptonite.

Unlike those, Overwolf has a whitelist for games that is not obviously user editable, but can be tampered with. How to do so can be found somewhere on the OW forums. Have you checked if your game's official supported?

I dunno which one works with OBS, however I could see potential conflicts with the directx injection. That's what the involved parties need to resolve if so.

Actually that game list is user editable. We even have a dummy game at the bottom so you can add in your own game if you want to try to force Overwolf to work with a game we don't officially support.

If Overwolf is disappearing in your game, then we can help with that, depending on your game and platform of course. Mind giving me that info or opening up a thread about that in our support forums located here:

http://forums.overwolf.com/index.php?/forum/15-support/

That's quite what I meant by "not obviously being editable, but can be" ;P

It's not part of the settings ui. It's not mentioned in the FAQ.
    To find out that it's possible at all, he has to either be adventurous, wade through the support forum while not being led to the wrong path by a "that's not supported" answer or be supported.

After our two posts the OP hasn't even information which file to edit (for the record, it's a XML file in %localappdata%\Overwolf) and would have to search the support forums or what this all means. FixRCEx, UseMH?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    That's quite what I meant by "not obviously being editable, but can be" ;P

It's not part of the settings ui. It's not mentioned in the FAQ.
    To find out that it's possible at all, he has to either be adventurous, wade through the support forum while not being led to the wrong path by a "that's not supported" answer or be supported.

After our two posts the OP hasn't even information which file to edit (for the record, it's a XML file in %localappdata%\Overwolf) and would have to search the support forums or what this all means. FixRCEx, UseMH?
    Ahh my bad, misunderstanding there. Yea, it's not too obvious to the normal user and you would have to wade through the support forums.

I'm very sorry about the late response, i honestly forgot about this thread after i made it, because i did mange to find a solution. I was using the Team speak overlay, it still had problems for me, but it worked about 50% of the time. but now that it is apparently no longer supported, i need a new solution.

What i DON'T need is an overlay on my game. *I* can see who is talking just fine on one of my other monitors. but the people watching my live stream can not. Its fine if it overlays on my game, but all i really need is it show who is talking in a separate window that i can put a chroma key on and put that somewhere on stream. I would be able to do that with overwolf, but this happens http://youtu.be/vzeUIZ00WDE.

Also, im a little bit paranoid that i could get banned from planetside for using something that modifies the exe. even for things that are not actually cheating people have gotten false banned before, more info here https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...cations.54265/ thanks in advance.

I'm not really sure about the consistency of your paranoia there, given that other overlays don't exactly do anything else as the outdated overlay, where it didn't seem to kick in
    But ok, I get that Note that overlays are expressively allowed on the second post of your link.

However, looking at the issue itself, due to your requirement being a bit of a niche one, I don't think there's anything out there aside from overlays.
    Apart from OW, where you might report the issue directly, since I dunno if OWRaif has subscribed to this thread, currently working overlay alternatives are:
    TSNotifier
    Project Kryptonite (successor project of the old overlay by the same author).
    Maybe one of them works better for you.

Watched your video, and my answer to you is that Overwolf is not injected into your game (aka - bug).

You have no reason to feed your paranoia, we don't edit anything in game. Not the .exe, not the game files, not the .dll's. Nothing.

You can send your logs to [email protected] so we can see why Overwolf isn't injecting into your game, as Planetside 2 is a supported game by us. You can follow the instructions here and we can fix that for you. If you want you can set up Overwolf so the dock doesn't show in game and just use hotkeys to call up the dock when you feel a need for it and just have the window showing who is speaking at that moment.

Also, if you want, you can use our stream software (or try it) and have show vs stream options for the webcam/twitch chat.

Sorry for digging this thread out of its grave, but i found that there still are some settings that can prevent Overwolf and any of its components from showing up on top of the game. So, i guess some people may find this thread here with google and may check this.
    If you stream your gamesession with OBS, it can have a funny conflict with Overwolf. Overwolf hooks itself on top of the actual game, but under the wrong settings Overwolf thinks the OBS is the game, so it does show up on the desktop but not in the actual game.
    To prevent this, OPEN OBS -> Settings -> Video -> uncheck the Windows Aero Design deactivation.
    as soon as OBS deactivats the Aero style it is a game for Overwolf

Thread Information