Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Angry ok I have forwarded the ports, but I am still not able to get on the server

unless I use localhost I can't access my nonprofit server, I have had a couple friends try to get in as well and they get "error: unable to connect" which is what I get if I try via the ip address

this is not a way to get people to recommend or get a paid lisence when they can't get support to connect to a trial or free for personal version

Your server runs on your own PC? Then you can only connect with local host or 127.0.0.1 But your friends need to connect with your external ip. You can get this with some websites like whatismyip or something else, but you probably don't have a static external IP so it will change sometimes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

that is the problem they cannot connect with the external ip either, and I have tried other pc's in the house, granted they are on the same lan that is why I had friends outside the house try as well
    Last edited by Baldisar; February 8th, 2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: more information

Is the internal IP for your server static? If not, on most routers the port forward is linked to an internal IP if this IP changes your port forwarding will not work

no the internal ip is dynamic, but the port forwarding is done through the mac address in this router so the port forwarding remains open if the address changes. As well as there are 5 computers that use the network for 3 of them teaching them to configure static ip addresses is not a possibility
    Last edited by Baldisar; February 8th, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

Hi Baldisar,

So you have Opend and Forwardet alle needed Ports to your MacAdress.
    https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...k-3-server-use

Ahm BIG Question is your PC Firewall Activ ??? / Configured ??? <-- FIRST

Please Try for your PC ( That one running the Server) an Statik IP an recreate the Port Forwards to your Internal Static Ip.

I hope you will get the Server running as you wish.

Regards Sargnagel

Test if your ports are open with http://www.canyouseeme.org or an other site, if not check your firewall or contact your ISP and see if the block some of the ports you want to use

Thread Information