Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Speakers start to act as my microphone

Hello

My teamspeak 3 started to act up and I am in need of some help.
    A day ago, after I re-installed windows 7 my microphone started to act up. What happenes is that at any given time of the day (when ever it feels like it) my microphone starts to emit sounds that are happening on my pc. Such as, if I am watching a youtube video, everyone in the teamspeak channel hears it. If they talk, they hear themselves. Same goes for every windows error or notification sound. In other words my headset headphones turned into a microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHunter22 View Post
    What happenes is that at any given time of the day (when ever it feels like it) my microphone starts to emit sounds that are happening on my pc.
    That sounds like you have the stereo mix selected as capture device.
    In your TS3 client:
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> In "Capture Device", select the headphones mic --> "Ok" button and reconnect again to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    That sounds like you have the stereo mix selected as capture device.
    In your TS3 client:
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> In "Capture Device", select the headphones mic --> "Ok" button and reconnect again to the server.
    I looked that up before. I have stereo mix disabled in the "Recording" tab. Also I have "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) selected as my capture device in the Teamspeak 3 options

Some new information I gathered today while trying to fix this.
    If I unplug and plug the headset, it starts to work fine. Now if I leave the PC idle, the problem does not show. But if I start to watch something or run a video game, two quick silent momments happen and everything that I hear starts to bleed into my recording device. So every sound I hear, is herd by everyone in the teamspeak channel. This could be a problem with the pc.

Thread Information