Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Advance Details.

Hello.

First of all im 7/10 good in english :P and my Question is:

- Where i can find Description about all of Advance Permission System Settings??
    (its mean from b_serverinstance_help_view to i_ft_quota_mb_upload_per_client)
    - What is the diffrent between ex.: i_channel_join_power and i_channel_needed_join_power ?

Please answer this Questions cos my teammates choose me to be TS server admin and i wish to be good with it

Thx for help.

I don't know if there exists a document which lists and explains all permissions. In the teamspeak client every permission has hints linked to it. You can read those if you hover the mouse above the permission in question.

As to your second question. "i_channel_join_power" is the power a particular user/client has to join a channel. And "i_channel_needed_join_power" is the power associated to a channel, which is needed to join the channel. So whenever a user/client tries to join a channel his join_power is compared to the needed_join_power of the channel. The join will succeed if the clients join power is greater or equal to the needed_power of the channel in question.

The teamspeak permission structure is the same for users or channels, but there are some permissions which affect channels and some which affect users. To assign a "i_channel_needed_join_power" to an user has no effect, because the user is no channel.

Quote Originally Posted by SickCarlo View Post
    - What is the diffrent between ex.: i_channel_join_power and i_channel_needed_join_power ?

Please answer this Questions cos my teammates choose me to be TS server admin and i wish to be good with it
    The literature section could help you:
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=literature
    specially the document titled "TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide"

Ok i almost understand.

1."needed power" should be asing to channel not to server group ? if i set it in server group it will no effect ??
    2. i have BOSS CHANEL, can You explain me how to set rules that no1 can jump in?? Only server admin.
    3. can some1 help me on my TS to check server groups?? is it working good or maybe i mess up somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    The literature section could help you:
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=literature
    specially the document titled "TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide"
    This "TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide" gives only a quick overview. I think SickCarlo looks for a documentation where you can find any given permission and it describes what this permission controlls, how it affects users/channels and other permissions and so on.

Such a document is unknown to me, and I doubt it exists in the public.

Quote Originally Posted by SickCarlo
    1."needed power" should be asing to channel not to server group ? if i set it in server group it will no effect ??
    2. i have BOSS CHANEL, can You explain me how to set rules that no1 can jump in?? Only server admin.
    3. can some1 help me on my TS to check server groups?? is it working good or maybe i mess up somethin?

1) Yes, because server groups apply to users; and the "needed channel join power" has no effect on a user. This is not true for every "needed power" as your question might suggest. There are some needed powers which will also affect users or groups.

2) The channel needs a "needed join power" which is higher then the "join power" of any one except the "boss group".

Thread Information