Forum

Hybrid View

Need help decoding NPL

Hi all,

I've just received my NPL, my only choice for receiving emails is Outlook 2013. I know what the NPL should look like, but Notepad shows nothing. I tried downloading some base64 decoders but these screwed my browser up with all the hidden cr*p they installed, so please don't ask me to download any other because it likely won't happen.

Is there a way I can decode the file using whatever's already available on my Windows 8.1 machine?

Thanks for looking

Why would u decode the NPL file or try to open it with notepad? Just set the NPL (licensekey.dat) file into your teamspeak root folder and restart the server, u dont have to edit it or etc.

Why download base64-tools? Every good operating system (like *nix) has them... just upload the file to your linux server if it looks like crap decode it.

Code:
    cat licensekey.dat |base64 -d >licensekey.dat2
    If second file is readable, then replace first file with second file. If second file also isn't readable you first file is damaged seriously.

My Teamspeak server runs on Windows, but I have a linux server available, found a post that showed how to use base64 on linux to decode it but that came up with an error.

Finally fixed it by looking at the raw email on my mail server, copying the encoded block of text, and then decoding that using an online base64 tool

Why do you bother with these things? just contact the sales team via email or support ticket and ask them to send you a zipped copy of your licensekey.dat file. Sending the .dat file just like that is a fail anyway as this type of attachment is blocked in some email clients (such as M$ Outlook).

Well if they're prepared to do that (and I didn't expect they would be), why not send it as a zipped file in the first place, I don't think I'm the only one who's had trouble with unreadable base64 encoded keys.

Thread Information