Forum

Domain Forwarding Help

Hello,

Recently I've purchased my own .com domain as I want to use it to replace my server's ip which I received from a teamspeak 3 host service.

I also bought a forwarding service and when I go to the domain in my chrome browser, it redirects properly to the server ip/url however I cannot connect to my teamspeak 3 server using the same link when I use it at the teamspeak client.

I learned that I need to make a SRV command line appareantly and when I go into my dns settings I'm not sure how to do it so I added a picture showing the panel, can someone maybe explain what I should enter as SRV command line there?

Picture is at imgur.com/vioF9rV

I hope someone can help me because the support at the webhost told me it should work without problems (yet it doesn't).
    Last edited by littleXuro; February 13th, 2014 at 02:33 PM.

Try _ts3._udp.ts.yourdomain.com in the first box
    Then 10 9522 something.gameservers.com in the next box

You'll also need to add an 'A' record for ts.yourdomain.com

Might work

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    Try _ts3._udp.ts.yourdomain.com in the first box
    Then 10 9522 something.gameservers.com in the next box

You'll also need to add an 'A' record for ts.yourdomain.com

Might work
    I tried this but it won't use the SRV command as it tries to connect to the wrong port on the teamspeak server.

Do I also need to buy a hosting package or does the webhoster needs official teamspeak 3 support or something before the SRV commands work?
    Last edited by littleXuro; February 13th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

As SeaTac said u need an A record for your domain. Here is an example ->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Im49bYz.png 
Views:	904 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	10016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts3.png 
Views:	667 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	10017  

Quote Originally Posted by NightFacker View Post
    As SeaTac said u need an A record for your domain. Here is an example ->
    I did that, now it can't even find the ip/server anymore.

Really wondering why it won't work.

Picture attached at imgur.com/jgJnzXO

Since you're hiding all the useful information in your images, I'm not sure I can help much more. Also, I think you need an 'A' record, but not entirely sure since my TS server runs on the same domain so I don't need any complicated forwarding

Also, why are you putting an extra digit in the 2nd box? That's not what I suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    Since you're hiding all the useful information in your images, I'm not sure I can help much more. Also, I think you need an 'A' record, but not entirely sure since my TS server runs on the same domain so I don't need any complicated forwarding

Also, why are you putting an extra digit in the 2nd box? That's not what I suggested
    I have to add the second type digit or else it won't accept it, if I don't it gives the error 'SRV record setup is priority, weight, port, address'.

Will fiddle with the settings some more later on today.

Since the customer support at my webhost refuses any kind of support with this issue I decided to change hosts.

I need recommendations from people that have their teamspeak server and domains hosted at webhosting companies and are satisfied with what they have, it also needs to be fully supported in a way that I can link the domain (www.example.com, not a subdomain) without problems to my teamspeak server.

If you know any company that offers this, feel free to send me an affiliate link (I will use it as thank you for your advice).

Quote Originally Posted by littleXuro View Post
    Since the customer support at my webhost refuses any kind of support with this issue I decided to change hosts.

I need recommendations from people that have their teamspeak server and domains hosted at webhosting companies and are satisfied with what they have, it also needs to be fully supported in a way that I can link the domain (www.example.com, not a subdomain) without problems to my teamspeak server.

If you know any company that offers this, feel free to send me an affiliate link (I will use it as thank you for your advice).
    Dear User,
    you are mixing together completely isolated things. Webhosting has nothing to do with how teamspeak client finds right address to the server based on domain. It is also completely unrelated to where is your teamspeak actually running. You now have 3 pieces, and your problem is that you can't piece it together. It is definetly do-able and based on picture you shown, I believe even with your current webhost. Give us more details.

You have some-domain.com good. In DNS administration you are as people ahead of me adviced should add proper records.
    The teamspeak3 server you got from a hosting company, they gave you ip address and port? Or just address(someserver.teamspeakhost.com)? If you have name, then connect to it, and look inside client log, there you should be able to find correct ip address(x.x.x.x) and port(xxxx) used.
    Use that information to form SRV record correctly with suggestions above.

Then there is completely isolated thing, website running on same name. This uses different DNS record from what teamspeak client does. That is why they might(and will in your case) not point to same thing.

I made somewhat of a succes, I can link to subdomains and mydomain.com:9522 now but it's still not what I want. I want to use the mydomain.com only for forwarding and for that I need my own server appareantly so I just installed the server software and will fiddle with that for a while, see how that goes.

Thank you for all the replies

Figured it out, & you don't need SRV or TSDNS, just create a CNAME on your own domain's DNS -

Put ts.yourdomain.com for the host section

whatever.gameservers.com in the answer section (this should be the hostname gameservers.com gave you)

I've tried it, it works

Thread Information