Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems with text-to-speech in Win 8.1 / wrong voice (german)

Hi, the text to speech packs are all using the default voice from the windows speech program.
    So, the german windows plays all sounds of the TTS in a weired german dialect.

I have tried to change the voice in the windows speech settings but it did not change the Teamspeak voice.
    Is there another way to do this?

Cheers
    nic

anyone? I really like the TTS but it sounds horrible win 8 german.

I can't get mine to switch from the guy talking to me to the girl, I WANT the female. The guy sounds all creepy, like he is lurking behind me when he talks. Anyone know how to fix this? *In the Options it is already set to the females voice and she is set to default, then in bookmarks I have Txt to Speak saved.

Did you install a female voice in Windows?

Please choose your favourite voice actor on windows first and set it up to your default TTS voice.
    To get Text to speech in your client you need to use the sound pack "Default Text To Speech".
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Nothing in this thread has answered the question. I WANT to use the Female voice AS the Default text to speech on my Win8 and can NOT.

I was able to on the previous version of TS, and that was on Win7.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Did you install a female voice in Windows?
    yes, I have the Default Female Sound pack that is the SAME voice I used before, but am unable to set now.

Seems to me that this is a Windows issue, possibly even a Windows 8 specific one.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Seems to me that this is a Windows issue, possibly even a Windows 8 specific one.
    this is because in windows 8 and now windows 10 microsoft has made the default speech engine Microsoft Speech Platform - Runtime (Version 11)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.14).aspx

In windows 7 and below this was the SAPI 5 API.

For Compatibility reasons the SAPI 5 API still works in windows 8 and 10 but to take advantages of the far superior voice the software needs to use the runtime v11.

Windows 7 and VISTA can be upgraded to v11.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=27225

It would be nice if you could add support for this api.

You can as well just use my german TTS soundpack. It is in german, so the german voice on your german Windows 8/8.1/10 will read everything in perfect german.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ech)-soundpack

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    You can as well just use my german TTS soundpack. It is in german, so the german voice on your german Windows 8/8.1/10 will read everything in perfect german.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ech)-soundpack
    it not just about the german. its about using the better tts voices.

Just installed Windows 10 and got the same issue (for French, and I bet it’s worse).
    The solution is effectively to change the old API configuration.

You have to use the old-style control panel (type “control panel” in the start menu/similar place in Windows 8).
    Go to “Speech recognition” then click on the link on the left: “Text to Speech”. You can then select your preferred voice.

I want to clarify this once again:
    This is no TeamSpeak client problem. This comes from your current activated TTS on Windows.
    If it's to fast or the wrong acctor or wrong accent, then you must change the TTS settings or instal lanother TTS package on Windows.

The TeamSpeak client only sends the text that needs to be spoken to your current active TTS engine.
    We do not control the accent, seed or voice actor. We only control which loudness you will hear for that pack.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

voice modul 'Default Text to Speak' speaks terrible english (pronouncation)

First off, sorry if this should turn out double posted, but there was a problem with the page not loading after I did submit the first time, and I do not see the first version in the thread list

Hardware/Software
    TS3 version 3.0.18.2, Qt version 5.5.0
    Windows 8.1 GERMAN 64 bit, 8 GB RAM (i think the german OS is the main reason for the problem probably)
    Sound device on board (Asus Laptop GV75X-CV012H) RealTek HD driver version 6.0.1.6728
    using Headset PlanTronics GameCom 780 driver version 8.1.8.2164

Problem description
    when using the 'Default Sound Pack (Female)' TS uses fine english, perfect pronouncation.
    when using the 'Default Text to Speach' sound pack then the english with terrible pronouncation. I would liek to use this settings so it tells me the names of people entering, not just 'user'. Even worse, if the username contains special characters (e.g. 'underscore') it uses the german names for that special characters (in this case 'Unterstrich'). And this even when I switch the TS language to english (from 'system dafault' or 'german', does not matter). This is why I suspect that the OS language is the problem.

Expected way of functioning
    well, when I switch the language to english, it should really use english (and decent one), shouldn't it?
    Last edited by dante696; January 15th, 2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: merged

Your installed german voice actor in your operation system can't handle english language.
    The only way to change this, is to install and activate another TTS voice on your operation system.

Default Sound Pack (xxx) are recorded wave files from a voice actor (real person or digital voice) which are played.

Default Text to Speach uses the setting that come from your installed and selected TTS voice.
    We only control how loud you will hear the voice and the text that should be spoken.
    All other settings like voice actor and it's language, speed etc are comming from your operation system.

Thread Information