Alright, going to explain this the best I can. First and foremost - this is probably a multiple issue issue, so if we can pick the best options in the correct order that would be fabulous. My husband and I play GW2 and have been using TS3 for a while now. Last Friday I installed the most recent TS3 update to his machine and everything was working beautifully. That Wednesday we decided to finally upgrade to SSDs and do a fresh install of the operating systems and start fresh on everything.

Both his machine and my machine have underwent the same installs and processes that the other had, but mine is working perfectly and his is not.

The problem:
Guild Wars 2 runs fine without TS3 running. Plays pve just fine, I ran some levels in edge of the mists (large group battles pvp) for him to help level his new characters, no problems. I did not use TS3 during this session. Later that night he wanted to follow my guild for our nightly raid in wvw (more organized, but still large group battles pvp). Everything was fine (TS3 cut out a few times, but our server is regularly attacked so it wasn't just him). The second we hit a group and engage battle, TS3 stops working entirely and causes the game to have sound issues so intense that it crashes it entirely. This has happened multiple times, TS3 has been uninstalled and re-installed since then. This issue does not happen when TS3 is not running (since my fights on edge of the mists was fine).

He filed a ticket to Anet because they send software to run to try to diagnose a problem, but we have yet to hear the report back so I figured it was time for more perspective.

We read that there were many issues in the overlay stuff with games, no overlays are enabled. We also were told to check for gw2.exe in the plug ins menu but it is not there - my copy of TS3 also does not have this in plug ins. So we figured that wasn't the problem.

Read that some people experienced issues similar to this prior to installing Windows 7 SP1. We have installed this SP prior to using TS3, and have subsequently checked for additional updates and nothing on that end has helped.

All drivers are updated and functional.

Our concern is that the on board sound card might be bad on his Motherboard, but have read that diagnosing this is very difficult. We are savvy enough that we can build our own machines, but if everything isn't working then it's a toss up if we'll be able to sort it out or not - so keep that in mind. Also, when checking device manager the sound card associated with this board does show up and shows it is functional. No additional sound problems outside of the one above have happened, so we are not sold on this being the issue.

Also, we have done the whole running everything in administrator, no avail.

His system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1
TS 3 Version: 3.0.16
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70, model# MS-7640
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.40 GHz
16 GB Memory
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570
DirectX v11

The SSDs that we installed are Samsung 840 pro - and we did use Samsung Magician software.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if any further information is needed please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
Angel