Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Problem assigning hot key to g27 wheel

Sorry for being a noob...

I'm having difficulty assigning the push to talk setting to my g27 wheel. It works when assigning the button to my keyboard or mouse, but not the wheel. It had been working before the most recent update to the teamspeak client.

Example: When assigning the button for push to talk. I can press "n" on the keyboard and the button is assigned. But when I try to use "button 7" from the wheel, it waits until I use another button from the keyboard or mouse resulting in a "button 7 + MOUSE1" or "button 7 + n"

Like I said, I was able to assign "button 7" as my hot key, but after the new update it hasn't worked.

I'm running Windows XP.

I'm an adult, but I'm also a noobie to pc gaming... Anymore information needed, please tell me where to find... Thank you for any help.

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by bchav00 View Post
    Sorry for being a noob...

I'm having difficulty assigning the push to talk setting to my g27 wheel. It works when assigning the button to my keyboard or mouse, but not the wheel. It had been working before the most recent update to the teamspeak client.

Example: When assigning the button for push to talk. I can press "n" on the keyboard and the button is assigned. But when I try to use "button 7" from the wheel, it waits until I use another button from the keyboard or mouse resulting in a "button 7 + MOUSE1" or "button 7 + n"

Like I said, I was able to assign "button 7" as my hot key, but after the new update it hasn't worked.

I'm running Windows XP.

I'm an adult, but I'm also a noobie to pc gaming... Anymore information needed, please tell me where to find... Thank you for any help.

I'm having the same problem. Thought I was going nuts. Anyone know of a fix?

Perhaps in the Logitech profile tool for the wheel you can assign that button as a keyboard button? I think I did that years ago while playing NFS:W before they added game controller support to TS3. My wheel is the G25.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Perhaps in the Logitech profile tool for the wheel you can assign that button as a keyboard button? I think I did that years ago while playing NFS:W before they added game controller support to TS3. My wheel is the G25.
    Your a smart man Screech! It worked! I can now talk and race at the same time. Thank you.

Thread Information