Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Multiple Instances (Music bot, muting/volume) + Bots in general

Hello!

I'm having a bit of an issue with TeamSpeak that I feel is probably very simple for someone that knows their way around it, so I hoped you guys could help me. I use two instances of TeamSpeak regularly to connect for myself and a Music Bot which is set up to play music from my computer. On our main TS3 server if I change my avatar on either instance it changes it for both me and the music bot, and the same goes for anyone that mutes or changes volume on either of us. However when we tried out another persons TS3 server I was able to set different avatars for both instances, and when people muted/changed volume on Music bot it didn't change it for me etc. Any idea what this is and how it can be changed?

Another quick question also, I saw a TS3 server host advertising bots that do things like automatically move people that go Idle to channels, post advertisements and messages of the day etc. Are these easy to set up on any server or is it host specific? For instance our current main teamspeak servers host makes no mention of bots anywhere on their control panel or website, so does that mean we're out of luck? Thank you in advance!

On the first look I think you use the same identity for yourself and your bot on your server. On the other hand you seem to use two different identities of the other servers. Have you checked this?

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    On the first look I think you use the same identity for yourself and your bot on your server. On the other hand you seem to use two different identities of the other servers. Have you checked this?
    Hmm.. well I did try making two new identities at one point named "Music Bot" and another named "Roxyn" but having different ones selected in each instance and then joining the main server doesn't seem to have any affect. I haven't touched these identities in the time that I've tried the other persons server either, I made them a while before.

Edit: Looked into it a bit more in my Bookmarks as I use one tab to connect via the "Connections" button and another through Bookmarks, up until now I had never even thought to click the 'More' button and change the identity in there. I changed one to Roxyn and made a new one for the Music Bot profile and now it seems to work the same as the other server! So that seems to be it sorted now. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Roxyn; February 21st, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Thread Information