Forum

Total Newb in need of Serious Help, ASAP!

Hey guys.

I downloaded the TeamsSpeak 3 Client today to talk with my friends and such. The host gave me the link to his channel, and I went to Connections>Connect>I typed in the Channel Name and password as well as my Nickname, and I thought everything was hunky-dory. That is, until I tried to actually talk to people.

I got on Twitter and asked for some help from one of my friends that was already connected. He sent me a screenshot of what his channel looked like (http://i.imgur.com/8MtBHFn.png) and this was what mine looked like: http://i.snag.gy/cqCSI.jpg

Neither of us have ANY idea what I am doing wrong. The only thing I downloaded was the client, I don't know if that's all I need or not. I set it up, set up me desired hotkeys for the microphone and such and I thought it was all great. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks~

Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Optional Geek View Post
    Neither of us have ANY idea what I am doing wrong. The only thing I downloaded was the client, I don't know if that's all I need or not. I set it up, set up me desired hotkeys for the microphone and such and I thought it was all great. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    You are connecting to other server.

Ask to your friend that gives you a screenshot of his "connect" form or bookmarks entry.

Recommendation: it's better to use the "Bookmarks" that "connect".

Recommendation: it's better to use the "Bookmarks" that "connect".
    I tried that, but I had the same results. Why am I getting this weird "Teamspeak]I[Server" server? I'm doing as I'm told; but it isn't working.

It is possible that there are multiple Teamspeak servers running on one physical machine. They all have the same IP address, but different port numbers. You seem to have connected to a fresh unconfigured server on the default port. Most certainly your friends are on a Teamspeak server that is running on the same host machine, thus the same IP, but different port number. Did you get a port number from your friends? Don't forget to enter the port number into the connection information as well.

The address with which you connect is written like follows...
    URL or IP address followed by the port separated by a colon e.g. teamspeak.net:15999 or teamspeak.net:9987
    If you omit the port then the default port is chosen (9987, if I am not mistaken)
    So, from what I see on the second screenshot the numbers before your url look suspicious, you both have those numbers or just one of you?

Nobody gave me any port number; they said I didn't need it. I'll ask them for it and get back to you guys.

EDIT: They didn't respond fast enough so I grew impatient and typed in my Year of Birth. AND IT WORKED! Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by Optional Geek; February 24th, 2014 at 06:39 PM.

Thread Information