Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved What is best practice for moving a teamspeak server to a new physical machine

Edit by mod
    We have a FAQ article for this

So I have to move my teamspeak server to another machine. At the moment is has a 500 user license along with 2 teamspeak servers running at the same time (one virtual i think is how it works and the other was made the standard way). Anyways..whats best practice for moving this so I can get my server back up and running ASAP?

Thanks
    Joe
    Last edited by dante696; March 18th, 2015 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joesamo View Post
    So I have to move my teamspeak server to another machine. At the moment is has a 500 user license along with 2 teamspeak servers running at the same time
    Also, read this sticky thread for the anser to the question
    Q: I am going to move servers and the IP address is going to change, what do I have to do?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...AD-THIS-FIRST)

Moving TeamSpeak 3 server to another machine

Hi all!

First i'd like to apologize if this has been posted before. I've been searching all evening, without any luck.

I recently set up a TeamSpeak 3 server for my group of friends, on an ubuntu computer we had laying around, however it has not been running very well, so i've decided to move everything to a Windows computer i don't use, which is a bit faster. My problem is that i need to move the server i've set up, with permissions, icons etc., to the new computer but i'm not sure how to do it. I found guides telling me to copy the server.ini, server.dbs and server.log from the "teamspeak" directory, to the new computer, however i've only been able to find the server.ini file in the /etc/teamspeak-server directory, and the other two are nowhere to be found, plus i don't know where to place them on the new computer.

For the record, i used this guide to install the server: Removed - Is Outdated

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

/Gammarik
    Last edited by dante696; March 2nd, 2015 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gammarik View Post
    I found guides telling me to copy the server.ini, server.dbs and server.log from the "teamspeak" directory, to the new computer, however i've only been able to find the server.ini file in the /etc/teamspeak-server directory, and the other two are nowhere to be found, plus i don't know where to place them on the new computer.
    Is that guide actually for TS3? What you say makes no sense and even if it worked, it would break the file transfer system.

To move a server, copy all files and unpack the Windows server to the directory. That's it.

Thank you all for your response it has helped me greatly.

When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Someone have changed IP in NPL recently?

I have contacted sales mailbox, support tickets and waiting for reply for almost a week. How mutch more time this can take? My old server is going offline in couple of days and that's why I need updated NPL.

You can use your NPL from old server to new one, it will work no problem. You just need to send an email to support just to let them know u switched to new server (ip).

Are you sure that will going to work? I have read somewhere on this forum that new licenses are "connected" to specific static IP adress.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Also, read this sticky thread for the anser to the question
    Q: I am going to move servers and the IP address is going to change, what do I have to do?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...AD-THIS-FIRST)
    Already answered in post #3
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NightFacker View Post
    You can use your NPL from old server to new one, it will work no problem. You just need to send an email to support just to let them know u switched to new server (ip).
    Hi Filip_b

Yes the NPL works. BUT you have to send an Mail to Teamspeak with the Note that you have changed the Server and got an new IP for it.

[email protected] and in Subject "NPL IP change notification"

And for your Question :

NPL applications are processed manually by our USA office between Monday 9AM until Friday 5PM USA Pacific time, excluding holidays and weekends.
    Due to heavy NPL application workload, NPL processing may take up to 15 calendar days.

Regards Sargnagel

Question Is it possible to download server settings?

I did a search on the forums and didn't come up with anything pertaining to my question so here it goes:

Is it possible to download the server groups, settings, permissions, etc. to locate to a new server?

Further information to help explain:
    We are looking to move our current ts3 server from it's current host to a new one and wanted to see if it would be possible to "load" any and/or all of the settings and aspects of our current server including server groups (and members), server icons, channels, permissions for channels/server groups (you get the picture).

Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; February 27th, 2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: merged

Yes, it is possible. There's multiple ways to do it, actually.
    One is expained earlier in the topic, another is to use query console to make snapshots of the TS settings as it sees them internally.

How can I transfer my server to another computer on the same network?

Need help to transfer my server to another computer that i keep running. I'm on windows 7 64 bit on both computers. I tried to copy my server folder and paste on new computer but I can not connect. Someone please help. Thank you
    Last edited by dante696; March 2nd, 2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information