Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It adds choice. I have gaming icons, I have smilies etc. I let anyone with a channel group use the temporary server group smilies because if they get abused someone can reconnect and they are all gone. But the gaming icon server groups are permanent and so I have had to restrict their application/removal to only the highest ranking section admins to attempt to reduce the chance of trolling. It should not be that difficult to just add an "apply to self" option but it will never happen according to the thoughts and feelings expressed in this and other threads on the same topic. But, people keep making threads on it asking for how to do it. Perhaps the developers will eventually realise this is not as isolated of a functionality as they may have first thought. I highly doubt it though.

It's not always about groups for permissions. Im a ts3 provider and i can say 50% of my customers ask me for the same thing, they want to have gropus with icons of the games they play and allow the users assign themselves those groups. This feature is a must.

I came from here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-change-others

EDIT

Now it comes to my mind another reason to have this feature, you could fast join a group "Do Not disturb", to restrict incoming pokes and whisper for a competitive match, for example...

Thumbs up thank you for the same thread...

I say we, speaking on behalf of my clients.

We also want this feature:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...rmission/page2

It's not always about groups for permissions. Im a ts3 provider and i can say 50% of my customers ask me for the same thing, they want to have groups with icons of the games they play and allow the users assign themselves those groups.

Now it comes to my mind another reason to have this feature, you could fast join a group "Do Not disturb", to restrict incoming pokes and whisper for a competitive match, for example, or perhaps the opposite, by default pokes and whispers are disabled in the server and you join a group to allow this on your user..

This feature is a must requested by many users.

I came from here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-change-others
    Last edited by dante696; April 5th, 2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Merged > we don't need 2 threads for 1 thing

I agree and so do many others. But I bet with yet another topic opened on the same topic that they will either lock or merge the topic. They just have no interest in adding this feature for some weird reason. We keep asking, they keep rejecting. I believe it would be extremely useful as you have shown in your poke example. It opens up many possibilities. I have not put too much thought into thinking about the possibilities other than having gaming icons, because it is pointless for me to get into my "How can I make use of this" when it is not actually even possible to do any of it :|

I used to let anyone assign those things. I had one to force push to talk so they would not forget to disable their mic when they don't want to talk, that failed because people would take it off other people to listen to their mics. I had let anyone even guests assign and revoke their own gaming icons but that got abused and I had to heavily put the burden on section top level admins to get requests in an effort to reduce trolling. To me and many other people this would be a great addition to the features, especially since mostly it is gamers who use it and anything that gives us more choices is a good thing. It would be optional... It breaks no features or anything so I have no idea why they don't implement it. It feels like everywhere I go on the forum I am seeing threads on this topic cropping up here and there. I wish they would just take the hint and add it to the todo list.

Another reason is create groups with Show Gropu Name In Tree enabled, for example, to organize a small tournament, you can tell users to enter the group they belog to be easier to identify and contact or move them to their respective channels.

There is a thread for this... and it is already rejected. To make "self join groups", just make those groups with a low needed_add power, so every user can add himself if he likes.

All this is possible... just select the right values for member_add and needed_member_add powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    There is a thread for this... and it is already rejected. To make "self join groups", just make those groups with a low needed_add power, so every user can add himself if he likes.
    That is no good because people go crazy "Server group assigned" "Server group revoked" "Server group assigned" "Server group revoked" etc.. on other people to troll them. This is why as good of an idea it is, for what ever reason you want to have a system like that, it can be abused. Admins are not always around to deal with it, so in that case people just go crazy with it. I have seen it on my own server which is why I had to burden the section top level admins to have to assign such permanent groups to their members. It should not be that difficult to include a feature like this in the server.

If the "apply to self only" permission is on a server group and someone tries to assign or revoke it on someone, if the target UniqueID does not match the initiator's UniqueID then fail and throw a permission warning.
    Last edited by Morthawt; April 5th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    Barungar. what is your problem? Please take the time to read all before writing nonsense. Your solution doesn't work and it's already been explained. All users will begin to add an remove other users from this groups. We only want a new permision that allows you to add this groups to yourself and no one else.
    I opened another thread because i also support this and i gave new ideas to consider that the reject is a mistake. if we still posting in a rejected thread they will never read this and give it another chance.

Guys it was already said, we won't add such a feature.

No need for a second thread. No need for a war on forum.
    Everyone has an own opinion.

Closed
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information