Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak 3 not auto restarting with VPS reboot

So I've been reading many posts and looking at many things, the auto start script isn't so much the problem as it doesn't seem like it wants to start because it thinks another instance of the ts is running.

Basically from what I've been reading, including on the TS3 documentation, I am to add a line in the fstab file that reads as tmpfs / dev / shm tmpfs defaults 0 0. That however is not working, still getting the instance error that others have gotten.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Try using the startscript restart option.
    Last edited by maxi1990; March 4th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydbs View Post
    So I've been reading many posts and looking at many things, the auto start script isn't so much the problem as it doesn't seem like it wants to start because it thinks another instance of the ts is running.

Basically from what I've been reading, including on the TS3 documentation, I am to add a line in the fstab file that reads as tmpfs / dev / shm tmpfs defaults 0 0. That however is not working, still getting the instance error that others have gotten.

Any idea what is going wrong?
    HI Saltydbs
    What hast an mountpoint to do with an Restart of the TS Server after Reboot ? NOTHING

Is an other TS3 Server running at your VPS ?
    What tells the Log ?
    Witch OS you are Using ?

Provide some more Data please.

Regards Sargnagel

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    What hast an mountpoint to do with an Restart of the TS Server after Reboot ? NOTHING
    Wrong... quite much I'd say.

Let's assume /dev/shm isn't mounted on server start, because that mount point isn't set to auto-mount.
    Also think of an user who runs his teamspeak server 32-slot unlicensed... he needs /dev/shm for the local accounting service.

So if /dev/shm isn't available at boot time any try to auto start teamspeak through init.d while booting will fail as long as /dev/shm isn't available.

Thread Information